Least favourite episode?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Keir_FTGL_Shiels, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Third Technician

Thats a point :O
    but it does go against the entire idea of them being stuck in deep space and none of them knowing what they're doing, inclduing the ships computer thats supposed to have an IQ of 6000! XD

2. pole85

pole85 First Technician

duct soup would have to be me least favorite not very funny didn't care for the dialog or anything about the episode other than One line "thank you with a capital R". i noticed lot of people didn't like waiting for god i didn't either at first for some reason it grew on me.

3. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

I see what you mean, but I still think that contrast worked better with Rimmer and Lister. Simply because they are both extremely incompetent--so when one of them outdid the other, it was because the other had usually hit a new low which made for hilarity. :P

4. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

And I understand that, but the middle of the episode just sagged a lot for me. The Popeye/Squirrel bit and the Polaroid bits were both good, but the rest of it just seemed to drag. Again, fortunately the episode is bookended by an excellent beginning and ending.

5. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I thought the spare heads bit was really funny too. It's a shame they all exploded later, the one with Droid rot was an amusing character.

6. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Pete Part 2

Not to say it is bad, it is just every other Red Dwarf episode is better. I think every episode is fantastic.

7. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

i appreciate every second of Red Dwarfs existence now but i remember watching Duct Soup's live transmission and just wanting to turn it off and the moments from the same series with the mayonnaise battle between kryten and kochanski and jane austin world were hard to take at the time... but im rather happy they happened as we're more Red Dwarf to watch now :-)

8. matty9896

matty9896 Third Technician

I'm SOOO glad someone other than me thinks Series IV - V were some of the worst years of the show!!

9. popcorn34

popcorn34 Third Technician

I love everything to do with Red Dwarf but the one episode I least like is Duct Soup.When I watched it the first time I just completely lost interest in it.
    I think it's because when I first watched series 7 when I was about 12 I was shocked to see Rimmer go - his departure left a horrible taste and it sort of ruined most of the series for me-however that does not mean I hate all of series 7.

I cannot understand why so many people dislike Meltdown or Terrorform - they are two of my favourite episodes.

10. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

I love meltdown. I also like Duct Soup, but I think I'm in the minority there.

11. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

I wasn't aware "Meltdown" and "Terrorform" were widely disliked. I really like both, although parts of "Meltdown" drag a bit for me.

"Duct Soup" is my favourite episode of my least favourite series. I know it's disliked by many fans, but don't really understand why.

12. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

Now I respect "Meltdown" , but if you asked me before 3 years ago.......
    My sense of humor matured. Now "Blue" or "Holoship" are my least favourite

13. SurfboardingKillerBikiniVampireGirl

SurfboardingKillerBikiniVampireGirl Catering Officer

I agree with this assessment. Although there's no episode of Red Dwarf I actually dislike, I found Pete 2 draggy in many places, particularly Hollister's speeches. And I did wonder about the cow as well.

14. Allyndnoir

Allyndnoir Skutter

I agree. They were probably going for the extremely creepy and out of place vibe atleast to highlight the fact that Kryten isn't his own self and not capable of truly being human.

15. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I also disliked Holoship for many years after it first aired, but it eventually grew on me.

It also contains a Rimmer line that sums him up perfectly:

"Over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met."

16. betelgeuse

betelgeuse Catering Officer

My least favorite episode is probably back in the red part I, although I do like the rat joke.

17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I think that's my least favourite joke in all 55 episodes. Poor Norman was lumbered with some terrible lines in series 8.

18. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

'Pete' Part 1 & 2 are kinda weak. It's like they took several half-formed ideas for episodes and mixed them all together.

19. Tabitha

Tabitha Skutter

Least favourite? Easy! I love red dwarf but I hate the second episode in season 7: smoke me a kipper...
    Why? Not because it was a particularly bad episode but because Rimmer left! Red dwarf just isn't red dwarf without Rimmer :-)
    My favourite episode was quarantine.

20. SurfboardingKillerBikiniVampireGirl

SurfboardingKillerBikiniVampireGirl Catering Officer

I just watched Duct Soup again the other day - it's definitely grown on me. Years ago I would have said it was my least favourite episode, but I've warmed to it. It's still not my favourite, but it has some good bits that I didn't appreciate before.