Listers Coming Home

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by steven87gill, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Anyone who didn't get an email - and we know they went out and were received by most! - can I ask you to re-submit your address to the box at the bottom of the main site? It's possible a few addresses have fallen from the list. Cheers.

2. Fairfax

Fairfax Catering Officer

Maybe it would have been better if it hadn't been included in the trailers. It just seems to have made people a little apprehensive about what the show might contain rather than building up anticipation.

3. h3lter

h3lter Second Technician

mine were in junk email! :-D

4. DJMagnifique

DJMagnifique Skutter

I've tried clicking on the buttons in that order, i've tried it in firefox and internet explorer and still nothing happens apart from a few sounds.

am I missing something or is that all it does?

5. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

You're not reading the thread properly. The correct sequence is to use the tones to play the red dwarf theme tune. Using KezZzz's schema above, the correct order is 1, 1 , 2, 6, 3, 3, 6, 8, 7

6. DJMagnifique

DJMagnifique Skutter

I have been trying that order of button presses and still nothing happens. I did read the thread properly, its just that that info is on a different page and I didn't bother quoting it earlier.

7. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

It doesn't work with mine either. My firefox has issues with opening windows for some reason, so that might be it. (Pretty sudden too, just happened the other day.) I've followed the direct link available here though and I'm not that bothered. I just hope that further goodies access isn't a problem.

8. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Update again today. It looks like a trailer though...a nnew trailer....

9. ShortySco

ShortySco Skutter

I think it's the wrong sequence you are trying..... try this "1-1-2-6-3-3-6-3-8-7" ;-)

10. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Well I have to admit I assumed it was a prop script on two levels, one because it was sat neatly next to the typewriter on the table, which would put it in shot, and two because it had a clear printed and obvious front, which would be a bit expensive to have printed up for cast use?

Of course, forgive my wild rumor.

11. kezzzs

kezzzs Third Technician

Gahh! Missed the 3 on my post :-D

Sorry about that! :eek:ops:

12. DJMagnifique

DJMagnifique Skutter

Yep, that worked. Cheers

13. SimplePlan2k8

SimplePlan2k8 Third Technician

Apparently the location puzzle is something to do with Google Maps... No idea how that links in though. Any ideas guys?

And better say it now, this is looking fan-smegging-tastic! :-D

14. Dwarfer_Stu

Dwarfer_Stu Second Technician

omg that video's awesome! It does look totally amazing tbh, and i cant wait.

15. ShortySco

ShortySco Skutter

Interesting, where did you hear this?
    Perhaps when the location is revealed on catnav, we can goto that location on google and use the new streetview thing to search for something (a web address?)

Yeah it seems to be shaping up wonderfully. :-D

16. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I haven't looked that deep into it :-/

17. onecelledcreature

onecelledcreature Skutter

i'm loving all this online stuff, it reminds of some of the sites that were around when lost started, great fun.

i know this is quite off topic, but if anyone's interesting the hologram webcam technology they might like this that i found as well

http://ge.ecomagination.com/smartgrid/#/augmented_reality

it's the same kind of thing but with two different holograms

18. Charzendat

Charzendat Skutter

Ahhhh this stuff is awesome! Just like the old Divadroid game. I am curious about a couple of things though.

When you access the catnav it gives you a distance in miles. I've come to realise that it is actually a percentage of the screen reveald but what is determing the rate at which it is releaved? My guess is a countdown to the 10th.
    Also on teh scanningjupiter site there is a link to something about oroborus. Intrested to see what that will become.
    And as for this Craig at a tpewriter next to what might be the script, I think it means nothing. I know it might seem strange to some people that on a set with props that an actor may have a copy of the script with him. But it can happen.

19. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Yeah I was only doing a single "1" at first, because the guitar at the beginning of the title music (series III onwards) only sounds that note once, but the vocal melody at the end does it twice, so I was doing the guitar melody.

20. blundell07

blundell07 Third Technician

I got it off a guy who posted on behalf of Dave TV. posted over at reddwarfforum.com :-)