live show tickets

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by johna1905, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Would have been nice to get an email either way!! Seems a tad rude to the fans. At least the website managed to stay working this time :roll:

Mind your own business, baldy!

2. droid44

droid44 Skutter

My sister randomly decided to check her spam folder this morning and found a tickets email, to think I trusted her to check both her inbox and spam folders back on Monday, lucky find before the 2nd round on Monday!

Very excited to be going to my first ever TV show recording!

3. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Firstly, was there ever any indication given that unsuccessful applicants would be sent an email? Have you ever known that be the case in any form of ballot or competition? When you see how many people actually applied (stay tuned for this week's Friday update), you'll understand why that would have been a completely unrealistic proposition for LITV to carry out, when the focus was clearly on making sure the people who DID get them were correctly informed.

Secondly, sending an email out saying "You haven't got tickets" would muddy the waters hugely when it's still technically possible for people who didn't initially get an email to be sent one later, due to the re-balloting process. So actually, a message saying your application was unsuccessful would actually be untrue, right up until the very last of the tickets for the very last of the episodes next March have been claimed!

4. counting_sheep

counting_sheep First Technician

Out of the 14,000 people who applied how many got sent emails?

5. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

I'd be interested in what the audience capacity is for each day. Then we would be ever so slightly closer to working out what our chances are! Fingers crossed for everyone in the second ballot! good luck!

jed

6. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I don't know exactly what the capacity is this time around - it was 300 per show last time, but I believe it's slightly smaller this time. At a reasonable guess, there will have been somewhere between 2500 and 3500 tickets available, but I don't have the precise figures.

7. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Smaller? I had hoped it would be bigger this time to give more people a chance of getting tickets. I appreciate that there may be practice reasons for making it smaller though. But don't some productions have much bigger audiences?

That aside, congrats to those lucky enough to get tickets. :-)

For those of us that missed out a certain degree of disappointment is inevitable of course. Although I don't personally feel too bad as I was one of the lucky ones last time, which I'm very thankful for. Also, we have new Red Dwarf coming! :-D

8. jedshepherd

cool, cheers Seb. I guess we also have to take into account that every person who got tickets could have applied for up to 4 tickets. I still have hope!

9. jedshepherd

Lost in TV have just confirmed to me that there are 200 tickets per recording. A little less than expected, but will be amazing for those that are there!

jed

10. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

That makes it a 17% chance, or a bit worse than one in five.

And a bit better than one in six :-D

11. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

200? Cripes.

Not long to go until the next round, *Starts stroking a bunnys foot* lol

12. counting_sheep

counting_sheep First Technician

Remember each person is offered 4 tickets.

By my calculations 600 emails would have been sent so about a 4% chance :-(

13. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

I WANT MORE!!!!

14. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

You're right. :-) I did think about that after I'd gone home for the day :roll:

15. kochanskitis

kochanskitis Third Technician

Anyone know if the 2nd round e-mails have gone out?

As far as the process goes i'm in the unsure if its better than first come first served. Seems open to gaming the odds.

16. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

Not yet, I don't think, but I heard it will be at some point this afternoon.

Best of luck everyone :-)

17. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

In what way?

I think it's much fairer than first-come first-served. It doesn't penalise anyone for not knowing about the ballot in advance, because there were two whole weeks to find out and register interest. Last time around, it relied on knowing exactly when it was happening. It's much more likely that people going this time will be people who didn't get a chance in 2011.

And I say this as someone whose friends all applied for tickets this time around and none of them seem to have got any. Doesn't mean it wasn't fairer for everyone in general!

18. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Whilst I'm disappointed I haven't received a ticket yet (and may very well never receive one), I still think this is much better than a first-come first-served chaotic mess and wouldn't change anything (well, except maybe the length of time - was 2 weeks too long?).

Even though I had planned to refresh the hell out of my webpage when the time came about, what if I had needed to take a phone call? Or had to go collect my son if he'd been taken ill? We all know the tickets would have gone within 10 minutes. This way it gives loads more time to apply.

19. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

I fully agree with everything Dan has just said :-)

Good luck to one and all.

20. jedshepherd

Guys i think we can agree that the only fair way to have done this is to give ME all of the tickets, and then I can dish them out based on how you do in a thumb war competition. Please cut your nails before said thumb war competition.