Merchandise Wishlist

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by simulant37, May 2, 2015.

1. dibbleysmeghead

dibbleysmeghead Second Technician

Another vote here for the Pop Funko figures, they would look awesome.

For me though, it has to be a decent sized/scale model of Red Dwarf.

2. ahunter8056

ahunter8056 Skutter

- A collectors action figure range of all the main cast to start with. Lister, Rimmer, Cat, Kryten, Kochanski, with enemies and guest characters to follow. Matching, or at least close to, the quality of NECA's collectible action figures
    - 1/6 scale collectible figures, perhaps from Big Chief Studios
    - Starbug electronic playset (even a re-release of the original Starbug playset would do)
    - Red Dwarf playset
    - Red Dwarf & Starbug models
    - A figurine magazine collection range, perhaps from Eaglemoss

3. dibbleysmeghead

dibbleysmeghead Second Technician

Agree with the exception of the Big Chief Studios. I've been tempted by a couple of their Doctor Who figures and while I mostly really like them, they never seem to get the head/face sculpt right.

4. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

How about Red Dwarf Funko Pop figures?

5. amubis

amubis Skutter

Ive got a studio scale Starbug for sale

6. amubis

amubis Skutter

Ive got a studio scale Starbug model for sale

7. jimmydischarge

jimmydischarge Third Technician

I would totally buy those. I've got a few(Macho Man Randy Savage & The Ultimate Warrior, and I bought a Predator one for my girlfriend). I'd like to see some realistic figures done in Todd MacFarlane style. It would be cool if they made ones for each season (or era), like Rimmer in his different uniforms, or Lister in London Jets shirt from seasons 1-2, long johns from season 6, etc.

8. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

I've written to the Company about making Red Dwarf Funko Pops, but never heard back. I also encouraged others to do the same on the Facebook Groups. At this point I have to believe it's a licensing thing; given some of the ridiculously obscure things they make Funko Pops for, I can't imagine they would actively elect to ignore something as well known as Red Dwarf, especially during this resurgence period.

9. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Funky Pops are bringing out a while bunch of figures based on Ash Vs Evil Dead (AvED) series, which is pretty niche I think. So I don't see why they couldn't do them for Red Dwarf.

That being said AvED also has action figures for it, and it's a programme from an American network with (probably largely) American Money. Maybe an unfair comparison.

I don't say this to dis AvED. I liked the first series (DICLAIMER NOT FOR THE KIDDIES OR WEAK OF STOMACH) and the Evil Dead films as a whole. Just thinking of the fact it's rather a cult thing.

10. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I'd rather some figures that actually looked like the actors/characters, rather than Funko Pops.

ahunter8056 likes this.
  11. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Those would be preferable, but I wouldn't say no to either...

12. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

Oh, me too, absolutely. But as the meme goes, "Why not both?" :-)

Incidentally, I tweeted to Doug about the Funko Pops a few days ago. Haven't received an answer yet; given how quickly he usually answers fans I'm guessing it's not something they're thinking about, although I'd be curious why.

13. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I have a subscription to the look create Firefly create and every survey for future boxes I would like to see them do for other franchises I always type Red Dwarf into the other feild 8) Firefly, Stargate and Red Dwarf are the only three that I would be likely to purchase. Other shows don't interest me that much for years on end like those three show.

14. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

THESE OST ALBA.

15. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Guest

As a few others mentioned, a Talkie Toaster alarm clock. If for no other reason than to commit "toastercide" every now and then. Hey , we've all had THOSE mornings!:-D (maybe a break-a-way one so we wouldn't have to keep buying it over and over.....)

I like the idea of some sort of computer game too.

A Holly watch .....