Mini icons (bobblehead figures)

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by DAN_JMC, Mar 18, 2009.

1. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

I mananged to pick up some Red Dwarf nodding head figures a while back - The Inquisitor, Lister and Kryten. However, in a merchendise leaflet in my series 8 DVD, it showed Rimmer in the gingham dress, Duane Dibbly and a Psiren. I was told these never became available for retail. Does anyone know if this is still the case? It seems a shame to not have at least a Rimmer and Cat figure to go with Lister and Kryten.

Thanks.

2. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

I don't think they've been made available, at least not in the states or at any of the internet retailers. I've looked for a Rimmer bobblehead (the only one I was really interested in buying in the first place) but haven't been able to track one down anywhere.

3. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

The only one was sold at a DJ auction, a prototype version. You can get a Dibbley version, it was originally sold by Play if you bought it with the current DVD promotion.
    They are no longer available I'm afraid. Ebay has Lister, Kryten and Inquisitor of course. And they will be available again a future DJ event.

4. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Thanks for the info, guys. Shame they didn't make the full cast available in the same way Kryten, Lister and the Inquisitor are.

5. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

You can find Lister, Kryten and the Inquisitor a lot more places than just ebay. I've seen them on a lot of sci-fi collectible sites and even amazon.com, they're pretty common. Too bad they never completed the set.

6. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

Sorry, yes you can still get them, but the supplier no longer supplies them. What you are seeing is the stock that was made. Once they have gone, they have gone for good.

7. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Are these still available?

8. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Not new, no.

What's weird is that nowadays on eBay they go for quite high prices... yet I remember Forbidden Planet clearing their stock out at a comics convention I was at a few years ago, and I got all of Lister, Kryten and the Inquisitor for about two quid each! It's funny how supply/demand changes the value of things so quickly.

9. simulant37

Just checked & they certainly do! :x

10. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

That's Seb paying for a fortnight in the Caribbean at Xmas ;-)

11. simulant37

Nah.

12. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I wish! I chucked away my Inquisitor when I moved in with my wife, because she said it was scary-looking. They weren't as valuable then as they are now!

Still got my Kryten and Lister, though.

13. simulant37

I hope you remind her how much the Inquisitor one would sell for now

14. simulant37

15. simulant37

Funko pop are better but no Red Dwarf... yet x

16. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

This absolutely stuns me, given the sheer number of Funko Pop characters they've made, from the most iconic to the most obscure. Even though I'm not really into the style of them, I'd buy the crap out of Red Dwarf figures, the main cast were practically MADE to be Funko Pops! Hopefully with the new Series someone will get on it.

17. simulant37

Yep, there are some really obscure Pops. They've already made Pride & Prejudice & Zombies ones!

18. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Health hazards!

19. mychemicaldwarf

mychemicaldwarf Second Technician

I bought the inquisitor ages back, it came with both arms broken off in the box. I never bothered returning it. I tried to glue them back on but they just fell off. Been stuck in a drawer ever since. :-(

I don't know why the funko pops are so popular, they look hideous. Actually, i do know why. It's because there isn't any other alternatives. Anything that offered little models of iconic things very cheaply would do well, it's a shame they have to be so weird looking. They're annoying how they choose them. They have just released some of a rock band i'm a fan of...4 different models...all of the lead singer! None of any other band members. Why do that??? :roll: Surely it would have made more sense to release one each of the main 4 band members? :evil: