moment in red dwarf that made you laugh the most

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by devobd, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Link fixed. The address you're linking to goes after the URL= bit in the first tag before the ']' bracket. The text you want the user to click on goes afterwards between the tags. Here it's the link again but it can be what you want. If you just use the link icon it should set it up for you.

And I like that joke too.

One particular favourite gag I liked was the one at the start of Bodyswap. The one with the food dispenser being linked up to the self destruct mechanism. Particularly the punchline at the end of the countdown sequence.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Bodyswap contains probably my favourite opening few minutes of any Red Dwarf episode. I especially love the moment where Cat drops the tape containing Lister's mind into his coffee. The only thing I dislike is Holly's reply ("You never asked.") to when Cat asks "Why didn't you say?". It's such a hackneyed line. I wonder if it would have seemed funnier if Norman said it though. I never did like Hattie's Holly.

I've just remembered how replete with funny lines Bodyswap is. Another couple of good ones from later in the same episode:

3. squeakie

squeakie Third Technician

link didn't work... but the red alert thing was great :-D

just saw another I thought was so crazy/funny... episode called Blue with all the little Rimmers singing that ridiculous song. hahahaha.

oh wait ok link works... Legion.. yes this one is also one of my faves!!! Mimosian anti matter chopsticks... lol so hilarious :-D

4. paulalbert

paulalbert Third Technician

"I think i feel a Jackson Pollock coming on." Pure class!

5. RegWorf

RegWorf Second Technician

I laughed for days about when they were seated at the campfire in the Alternate 1960's and they are eating. Lister say's something to the effect of, "Oh this is great. Where did you find this chicken?" to Kryton who replies, "That's not chicken. Its that guy we found" referring to the dead body they found on the street corner earlier in the episode.

Jeez, as simple as the joke is I still laugh about it for days.

6. isopod

isopod Second Technician

The Last Day:

No such thing as silicone heaven? Then where do all the calculators go?

7. bigtimedwarfer

bigtimedwarfer Second Technician

Twelve?...TWELVE?... You can't have been a full member of the golf club then.

Or pretty much any line from Marooned.

8. thecogre

thecogre First Technician

there are many giggle inducing moments to be sure, but one that stands out is the scene where lister and the cat type out the dialog on terrorform. no matter how many times i see that scene i roll on the floor holding my belly

9. Shazza

Shazza Third Technician

In Legion, when Rimmer admires Legion's art and sculptures ... "Now this three-dimensional sculpture in particular is quite exquisite. Its simplicity, its bold, stark lines... pray, what do you call it?
    LEGION: The light switch"!!!

Cracks me up! It sounds like such a genuine and slightly bewildered response from Legion, as if he has clocked that he's dealing with a simpleton who can't recognise a light switch when he sees one but who needs to be treated a bit gently all the same!

10. popcorn34

popcorn34 Third Technician

There are many but the one that sticks out for me is in Quarantine.
    *Mr Flibble whispers to Rimmer*
    "We cant possibly do that.....who'd clear up the mess?"

Just the way he moves Mr Flibble when it uses its hex vision is enough to send me into giggles.

11. ChangeOfPlan

ChangeOfPlan Third Technician

This is an easy one for me.

Funniest line is delivered by Craig, In out of time sat at the scanner table on the bug...

"For me a truly great wine should not leave you with a foam moustache you can only remove with turps!"

Of course Craig's scouse accent just seals it beautifully. With the last word being more like "teahhhhps" rather than turps. Lol

Unfunniest is more of a challenge. Id probably say in "Kryten" when our favourite series 4000 says to Lister "Thats easy for you to say Mr David your a human!" Rimmer replys "Only just"

You can actually hear the audience groan. :-D

12. ashio83

ashio83 Third Technician

Nanarchy.
    Pick up the ball. Hand, pick up the ball! That's right, now *keep*
    going, sir! Pick up the ball! Now, focus down onto that and keep the
    thought, sir! Hand, pick up the ball!

13. poutashi

poutashi Skutter

White Hole: Rimmer's thoughts on Captain Oates and Captain Scott: 'Captain Oates was a prat'

14. SoC00L_L

SoC00L_L Third Technician

There's soooo many... But if I have to think about it I really LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Rimmer's long salute ! :-D

15. 1234564

1234564 Third Technician

Bizarrely, in terms of "laugh of loud so hard you slightly lose control of your breathing and bladder" when seeing something in Red Dwarf for the first time ever, those moments came in series VII, what's more in the same episode - Blue. Number one is probably when Kryten's giving Lister a psychiatry session, going to insert his hypno-therapy disk and telling Lister to relax, Lister lays back closes his eyes, then suddenly you hear Kryten screaming something in German and Lister jumping out of his skin :lol:. Number 2 is (you guessed it) the Rimmer/Lister kiss, resulting in one of those magic moments where you're cringing yet laughing hysterically at the same time :-). Yeah, those bits are basically just silly comedy, and the best comedy in Red Dwarf is generally much cleverer than that, but in terms of first time reaction those two bits got the biggest laugh from me.

16. AnnieMouse

AnnieMouse Second Technician

Too many to put down all of them, but ones that stick out are:

In DNA:
    Kryten: I want to know, is that normal?
    Lister: What, taking photographs of it and showing it to your mates? No, it's not!
    plus Lister's facial expression when he works out which way round the two polaroids should be stacked!

In Gunmen, when Cat shoots his pistol and the bullet ricochets off various objects before hitting the sign, which then hits Kryten and knocks him out.

Cat's speech to Inquisitor:
    Inquisitor Cat: Justify your existence. What contribution have you made?
    Cat: I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!
    Inquisitor Cat: Well, that's true.
    Cat: Can I go now?
    Inquisitor Cat: ...That's your case?
    Cat: You need more?
    Inquisitor Cat: Some might say that's a pretty shallow argument.
    Cat: Some might say I'm a pretty shallow guy, but a shallow guy with a great ass!

Rimmerworld:
    Lister: There's got to be a way out. There hasn't been a prison built that could hold Derek Custer. Why don't we scrape away this mortar here, slide one of these bricks out, then using a rope weaved from strands of this hessian, rig up a kind of a pulley system so that when a guard comes in, using it as a trip wire, gets laid out, and we put Rimmer in the guard's uniform, he leads us out, we steal some swords, and fight our way back to the 'bug?
    Kryten: Or we could use the teleporter.

And of course, my sig, the dialogue between Cat and Lister in Taranshula!

17. Old_Ironbutt

Old_Ironbutt Third Technician

Kryten with his guilt chip removed stirring tea with groinal attachment and smoking etc. "betch yer ass!"
    as said before "pick up the ball" - followed with "He could always take it off if he's going on a date?"
    "So every time I've got to pick something up I'd need to take the afternoon off?" (I can't remember the exact line!?)

also said earlier Legion and antimatter chopsticks and Rimmer waxing lyrical over the lightswitch
    "ahh, smug mode. Well, I can't hang around here all day saving your necks. I think I'll go make a start on the ironing.."

I think I got into RedDwarf very young and watched so much I never got many laugh out loud moments to be truthfully blunt with you. It occurred to me there that lots bash the later series' however these gave me the greater laugh out loud moments, series 8 had a couple of gems (as mentioned before Rimmers loooong salute followed by Listers shy wave, and Norman's line was classic holly "What do you call it? Face I suppose!?" and his delivery of the rat collision "Hope we don't get pulled by the cops.. they don't like it when you're rat arsed!" but really series 8/BTE didn't work for me.
    Series 7 though I think gets unfairly knocked on here and I've really got faith that I'm looking forward to some RedDwarf laugh out loud moments with Series X

18. Old_Ironbutt

Old_Ironbutt Third Technician

"the planet of the what!?":shock:
    "Cwoaar, whata buncha twonks!":roll:

"Well, folks have always complemented me on my good manners. What a ship!"8)

"Wait, there's an important question, one the others'll have to know!! Would you like a cheese and ham braville?";-)

19. ChangeOfPlan

ChangeOfPlan Third Technician

Lol Nice one IronButt.

That whole sequence in Back to reality is fantastic.

I thought of another of my all time favourites...

"What's your name soldier?"
    "His names Ghandi sir, Mahatma Ghandi"
    "Well get him out of that damn nappy and into a uniform!"

Genius.

20. toby44

toby44 Third Technician

It's like flopping your wedding tackle into the mouth of a lion and flicking his love spuds with a wet towel....pure insanity :lol:(laughing as I type)
    There is an old cat saying...It goes "We...are all...going to die";-)
    Perry Como sang memories are made of this with one of those stashed in his slacks:-)
    And finally
    Ah thats the one... The last chicken in the shop look:roll:
    Ijust can't seperate these few off the top of my head