Mr. Flibble puppet?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by telegramsam, Mar 9, 2009.

1. JEZZMUND

JEZZMUND First Technician

Sell it? El Presidente Hoards it! ;-)
    He sits in a room full of Dwarfy goodness and rubs his hands whilst cackling with glee..!

2. J_Spaced

J_Spaced Second Technician

Hmm,
    I wonder if anyone on here is a dab hand with a needle and thread? It doesn't appear to be an overly complicated puppet.

You couldn't sell it obviously.

[SARCASM MODE: I mean you wouldn't want to deny Grant Naylor all the money they make from selling this highly sought after product would you? END SARCASM)

But maybe something for the fan circuit could appear and circulate... unofficially.

J

3. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

I’ve seriously been thinking about making my own Mr Flibble puppet. I’ve spent literally hours searching on the net for an official one and have no desire whatsoever to spend £51.00 on one from ebay.

4. joe_mills

joe_mills First Technician

£50! seriously tempted to put mine on there

5. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

Hell, I have crap sewing skills but even I could probably cobble a serviceable one together if somebody would provide a pattern for it.

I'm sure somebody would whack anyone over the head with a copyright lawsuit for doing such a service to the show's fans though, nevermind the puppet's impossible to find. :roll:

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

The puppet existed before it became Mr Flibble though didn't it? It wasn't make especially for the programme I don't think.

I'm not saying that's an excuse to make your own and make money from it, I'm just wondering how it worked with the original creators point of view. Mind you, GNP working in conjuction with them would make them more money. More people would buy it as Mr Flibble than just a regular Percy the Penguin with a bow tie.

7. telegramsam

I think somebeody *did* make it for the show, actually, in the prop department. It looks fairly home-made, just three colors of faux fur, a bit of linen for the bow-tie and regular old craft googly-eyes hot-glue-gunned on. Not exactly complicated. If I had any real sewing skills I could probably just eyeball it and make one, but alas I suck at that sort of thing.

8. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

Andrew is the keeper of the original Flibble. He's been to DJ too! But has now retired, Flibble this is. The ones sold now were an exact copy of the original, to exact actually, as the first prototype had to be sent back as the copy was imperfect as the original, eye off centre, I think. Howard Burden made the Flibble.

We've sold them at DJ, as well as many other collectables.

9. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

So is it still possible to Buy/Get them I've looked everywhere on the net tried lots of diffrent countries ebay and am starting to think I will not be able to get one :-( unless I'm lucky enough to get one of ebay (I too am not paying £50 for one, maybe £15-£20)

10. telegramsam

Well seeing as Mr. Flibble is slightly off-center (and very cross!) I think they should have left it that way! :lol:

11. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

That one on eBay went for £51 at the end.
    I want a Mr Flibble but not quite that badly. :?

12. Noltyboy

Noltyboy Skutter

I never got a email back from them :crying:

Guess my dreams of having a Mr Flibble will remain just dreams....

13. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

There’s another Mr Flibble just been listed on ebay. Luckily I managed to get one from ebay a week or so a go, seconds after it was listed as buy it now :-D

14. RedDwarffan2982

Thanks but I don't think I'll stand a chance that last one went for £51 No way I'm paying more then £25 for one

15. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

This one will probably be cheaper as it’s not mint and unopened. Mine cost me £30 with buy it now and I wouldn’t have touched the one at £51 either

16. RedDwarffan2982

I will offer my price later (I don't have paypal,I'm only 16, my dad does so I'll have to ask him to bid for me)

17. goldy_T_O_T

goldy_T_O_T Deck Sergeant

Ont Canada eating cat nip and drinking Milk
    Shouldn't be too hard to make. Just some bits of fur, large googly eyes, some sewing , some time and a good eye and you'll have a Flibble puppet. Its just your basic puppet shape then its just a matter of placing the eyes and finger parts just so.
    I would make one if it was worth while for me.

18. RedDwarffan2982

I wish I could but I cannot sew at all I once took texttiles DT 3 years ago but never got the hang of it

19. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

OK I'm watching Quarantine and I really want a Mr Flibble.
    Who has a sealed one with the manufacturing company on it.
    Everyone that wants one could email them.

20. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

This is the problem, they have all sold out from T-2 Distribution

They were the only company to sell them under licence, you could always sales@t-2.co.uk email them and keep asking if they would make any more. But I suspect the licence may have expired, or the cost of production outweighs the profit.