Mr. Flibble puppet?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by telegramsam, Mar 9, 2009.

1. steff85

steff85 Second Technician

hey you have the same birthday as me :-D 20th sep lol what year were you born?

2. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

1992, I'll be 17, what about you?

3. steff85

aww im much older than you lol il be 24 this year, ahh saying it makes me sad lol

4. RedDwarffan2982

shame 7 years diffrence

5. Ad_123

Ad_123 Third Technician

I opened the one I got from pop_cultcha to check & make a comparison pic and I'm now 99% certain it's not a fake (if it is a fake then it's a damn good one). Packaging was sealed, stitching/eyes/ribbon tie are correct and of good quality, there's a label inside it with copyright info etc.

Here's how they look side by side. Try to guess which is the real one and which is the fake :P

[​IMG]

6. RedDwarffan2982

the one on the right is the fake

7. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

Left is real, right is fake. :P

8. RedDwarffan2982

That looks like a good on real or not, it's good enough for me. Chances are it is a real one

9. minervamoon

minervamoon Skutter

I too got one of the really bad fakes from that heinous seller, and now am loathe to contact him based on reports of bad communication. Is everyone going for a PayPal claim? If so, I'd like to be able to reference you all specifically somehow so that it's clear we're all not pleased.

While I'm here, I'll share the fact that I made an imitation Mr Flibble puppet myself a couple of weeks ago; the fabric I could find was curlier than the real Mr Flibble, but I think we pull it off well. (You'll have to excuse our expressions, and mentally add in the hex vision.)

10. RedDwarffan2982

That's a better version than the mock than those 9 rip-offs, although I think the beak and feet are a slightly darker color, it is a good Mr Flibble ;-)

11. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum:-D
    All you need to do is leave negative feedback and then go for a paypal claim. I went through paypal with the complaint, he didn't respond so I pushed on to the claim. If everyone leaves negatives for the same item we will get refunds. Out of the 8 he sold, he now has 3 negatives.
    The 'curly' Flibble looks kinda cute!

12. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

I totally agree.

13. steff85

i love ur mr flibble hes soooooooo cute lol

14. minervamoon

minervamoon Skutter

Thank you all! I've escalated my inquiry to a claim on PayPal, and only hope it comes to a good resolution. I'm a little fed up because I just got through another PayPal claim a couple of weeks ago with a seller who promised to ship an item of clothing which never turned up even a month and a half later--I sure know how to pick 'em!

I'm glad you like my little Mr Flibble. He turned out better than I expected considering I basically blundered my way through the entire process of making a puppet with working mouth parts. The orange is a little too dark, but it was the only shade I could find cheaply that would match the rest of the fabric. He's accompanied me to the Bahamas, which he quite enjoyed, and will soon be joining me as a panellist at the Red Dwarf panel at Dragon*Con in Atlanta. Bless his stuffing.

15. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

Glad you’ve escalated to a claim. It can be quite stressful but worth it when you get your money back.

16. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

That's just ebay in general. I haven't bought anything from ebay since about 2003-ish I got so fed up with it. I had more negative experiences with sellers than positive ones. It's nothing but a big bucket of incompetents and outright scam artists. I really don't know why it continues to be so popular.

The zshops on amazon.com are a little bit safer, since amazon will issue refunds directly to you if a seller gets belligerent about not giving one if you don't receive an item or receive an item not as described. I've had good luck getting hard-to-find used books from those on amazon, much better than ebay. I haven't tried them for other types of items though so YMMV.

17. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

I have generally had a great experience on eBay.
    Out of over 900 buys/sales, I have only ever left 5 negative feedbacks.
    Sadly 4 of them have been in recent years & 3 for fake/counterfeit/imitation goods!

Amazon trade is good, also try play trade for books and dvds.

18. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

Amazon is great, I have nothing good to say about play trade and won't be using them again.

19. RedDwarffan2982

Just recvived an email telling me mr flibble is on his way :-D

20. edoftech

edoftech Skutter

That is ace, i want one