Mugs Murphy D-D-Don't Shoot T-Shirt

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Weevil, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Ah, thanks Bedford :-) * i somehow missed this post before...really need to start checking my emails more regularly too*

2. Nicko1

Nicko1 First Technician

To be honest, I can't remember what my nickname was and I don't even know which email address I used to register so it was easier to make a new account. Due to serious health problems and natural disasters I have barely been able to use the net for many, many months and even before this I probably hadn't used the boards much since the site was given an overhaul. A few years ago I was certainly guilty of giving my opinions too forcefully and of making some very badly worded posts. While my opinions on Dwarf remain the same (love Rob and Doug's writing together, less sure about their writing individually), I hope that I have learnt to express them better.

Andrew...as I said, I'm sure that you are a good guy and I have the utmost respect for the job that you did on the docs on the DVDs. I thank you for your work on those and I apologize for the large responsibility that I have for any debates that we had in the past. I have no wish to have an argument with anyone on the board and certainly not with you. Genuinely.

3. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

just to confirm I got my Mugs Murphy t-shirt today. I'm very pleased with it. It's a nice print on a basic white Tee. although I'm only going to slob about in it I might have a humorous use for it in September...

4. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

I recieved mine yesterday as well, Am really liking it. Will sit nicely in my wardorbe next to my London Jets T-Shirt.

5. bedfordfalls

I want the red London Jets tee but the person I bought it from only made the yellow one which I don't remember so well.

6. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

The red one is available on CafePress, and is most awesome. Top Quality.

7. bedfordfalls

Noted, but for a third party knockoff, even a high quality one, I'm not looking to pay over £20 with postage!

8. IAmPWG

IAmPWG Skutter

I would just like to point out that these shirts are being sold on Ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mugs-Murphy-D-D-Dont-Shoot-T-Shirt-Lister-Red-Dwarf-/200609285720?pt=UK_Men_s_T_Shirts&var=&hash=item746b6ca866

9. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

Man, for shirts that have zero marketability potential, this thread sure has a lot of sustained activity.

10. Nicko1

Nicko1 First Technician

Can't say that I know anything about merchandising but speaking purely from my own perspective, it's a shame that the T-shirts aren't available officially. The price is pretty high for something that was made by a 3rd party.

11. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Well I guess that proves it. If a dozen fans on a forum are up for something, it must be in hot demand.

12. tortexturtle

no more PROOF than one seller not making a profit on them :P

13. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Are you two at it again? Don't make me break out the supersoaker ;-)

*gets it out anyway and soaks The Yar and Andrew...well, it's a bit of a laugh isn't it?*

14. bedfordfalls

It depends on whether you view that forum as a microcosm of the fanbase in general. I still don't see what harm it could do to ask the fanbase directly.

I'm happy with my shirt but it's £13 I'd much rather have shared with GNP.

15. tortexturtle

lol. Yeah I know. I tried so hard biting my tongue. But it seems to me that a web-forum is a fantastic tool for market assessment (one of many, to be sure). And if a dozen fans on a forum are excited about some Lister shirts, then that could be considered a sample group of other people that could be interested. Is it proof, lock stock and two smoking barrels? :P No. But can I read accusations of GNP ignoring a potential market for these shirts and understand where the accuser is coming from? Absolutely. Look at this thread. A dozen people say "We want official GNP Lister shirts" and the administrator says the equivalent of "Smeg off!" :roll:

16. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

Or...

17. Nicko1

Nicko1 First Technician

Isn't it time to let this go now?

18. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Oh, the irony.

19. bedfordfalls

They're screen printed actually so...oh wait.