my only friend, the end

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold frankincense and myrrh, May 15, 2017.

1. neilold frankincense and myrrh

neilold frankincense and myrrh Flight Co-Ordinator

Cool,it's a closure thing for me

2. BadOleSantabot

BadOleSantabot Deck Sergeant

Now if I could only get some "closure" from the title of this thread. Love the song , mostly. Seems old jimmy boy had some issues there towards the end.

3. neilold frankincense and myrrh

The doors were a funny one. Massive in the U.S and virtually unknown over here, it wasn't till the doors movie that they became popular over here. Personally I don't really like them, though I don't mind a few of their songs.

4. BadOleSantabot

I was never a huge fan either actually. The "times" and Jim could sing when made to, plus the cult of "Jim" contributes mightily. Do have a few favorites of theirs but most of their catalog suffers from a serious lack of restraint on Jim's pretentiousness. A good FIRM producer would have made them one of the true 'elite" maybe.

5. neilold frankincense and myrrh

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Not one of my absolute favourites, but do I like the Doors a lot. When on form, they were amazing: Light My Fire, Riders on the Storm, The End, etc. That first album was a fantastic debut, and they remained at least interesting all through their first six albums (I've never bothered to listen to the two that Ray Manzarek sings on).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  7. BadOleSantabot

Peace Frog is my favorite song of theirs. "Morrison Hotel" is still my favorite Lp.

8. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

The BBC are good at doing that. Survivors was a 3 series program and they cancelled it after series 2. Ehh? :-( I can't think off the top of my head but the BBC have done that with lots of programs. They even have done it with DVD's. One I remember was a program called 'Big Deal' from the 80's, they released the first season on DVD then cancelled the other 2 releases.

9. sundayforsammy

The Doors are one of my fav bands, When the music's over and Light my fire would probs be contenders for my death day song lol. Quite fitting lyrics for that :-)
    One of my favorite songs would be 'The Crystal Ship' but fav songs change with my mood as well.

10. HO HO HO I'M JMC

HO HO HO I'M JMC Deck Sergeant

People are Strange is a classic.

11. sundayforsammy

I used to have a CD of Nigel Kennedy -The Doors Concerto. Nigel Kennedy plays violin, him and an orchestra play Doors songs and if you haven't heard it before it is well worth a listen (for Doors Fans) very chilled out. Just like the Doors though you should be in your own space when listening to it.
    That reminds me in November the tribute band 'Doors Alive' are in Newcastle, I will have to go to that.