RDXI / RDXII My suggestions episodes for Red Dwarf XIII

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Eddiebadassdavis, Feb 18, 2018.

1. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

Just checked - was already following you :-)

2. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Couldn't agree more.

DivineVarod likes this.
  3. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

Yes, Skipper was first Red Dwarf episode with Rimmer & Cat beginning.

DivineVarod likes this.
  4. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

Was thinking ... How about an on ship episode of Rimmer having a Groundhog Day type of experience. Maybe Holly (if he/she returns) or his lightbee teaching him a lesson that takes him ages to understand. The ending would probably him finally escaping the loop and immediately making the same mistake again ...

Asclepius, Pembers and BigOleDummy like this.
  5. StarbugDriver001

StarbugDriver001 Skutter

How It All Started * The Journey Begins * The Way We Were (or any title that connects to the following idea:-(

Lister's Story: Lister's life so far is boooring. Driving Hoppers (illegally) up and down the streets of Mimas, Lister wonders how he wound up from Earth to Mimas after a drunken night celebrating his birthday. His life soon changes when - after bumping into an officer called 'Toddhunter' who wants to be driven to a place of fine dining near the red light area of Mimas - thinks he has found out a way back to Earth. 'Toddhunter' aka Arnold Judas Rimmer works for the Jupiter Mining Corporation vessel Red Dwarf.

Cat's Story: Whilst CLoister is still frozen in time as a sacrifice for his 'followers', Frankenstein and her descendants make themselves at home in the Cargo Hold, making homes of wood, tinfoil and odds and ends that they can find. Soon, a child is born to the 'cripple' and the 'idiot'.

Kryten's Story: Transfering from the SS Augustus to Nova 5, Kryten 2x4b 523p finds himself serving three ladies during a mission to advertise for a popular soft drink (note: it doesn't have to be Coke Cola, like in the novel). However, soon after the mission is successful, Kryten celebrates by cleaning the onboard computer with soapy water, shortcircuiting it and sending the Nova 5 and its crew on a corkscrew dive onto the nearest planet/moon.

-----------------

Now, I know I've basically taken the ideas from Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers but I think this could make a good episode with each act focusing on a character and how they wound up in their situation. Rimmer, I figured, already had his history in The Beginning but I suppose there could be LBL (life before Lister), which could take place before meeting Lister on Mimas. Other scenes could include: Gazpacho Soup Day * Third Technician Rimmer * I Am A Fish Exam (I Think, Therefore I Am)

Plus, with CGI being on top form nowadays, that's one way around the older versions of our friends by CGI'ing them to make them look younger. Or have Lister, Cat, Rimmer and Kryten be the narrator of their stories and when we go into that story, make that section animated - like the animation for Identity Within and Dad -
    --------------------

6. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Have always wanted to see a seriously Cat-centric episode myself. How about............ they encounter a planet where the one Cat ark crashed and they either went feral over time or achieved greatness and glory. Heck, maybe even a combination of the two. Half the planet is feral and the other is "civilized" and the strife between the two factions. Cat could be any number of things here..... his distant ancestor was a great King and now he could be the Boss. Will he stay on Red Dwarf or stay for the ladies and fame and fortune? Or take up the mantle of fighting for the oppressed, exposing a whole new side to him? I think there are almost limitless possibilities here. Or they, the Dwarfers, meet up with the remaining Cat ark and Cat must choose between the two. Yeah, that's almost Holoship I know but I think it could be done originally.