My theory on Back to Earth..

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by TheSinisterMrX, Apr 5, 2009.

1. TheSinisterMrX

TheSinisterMrX Third Technician

From what little I have read and seen.. it seems VERY obvious to me that they cross over into our world and attempt to save their series from being cancelled.

I'm not joking.

Consider everything that has been pointed out and talked about and look at the description for the last episode:

"Knowing they are destined to die, the Dwarfers head to a mysterious address in London to plead for more life."

I'm gonna punch someone really hard if this is the case. But if it's so.. I CALLED IT FIRST!! WHOO!!

2. mrtrebus

mrtrebus Second Technician

I had a similar idea, which I posted in the How Do They Get There? thread.

Its Doug Naylor’s house they are going to!! & the blade runner clip is from a movie in which the characters die, so the gang have to convince Doug to rewrite it so they can stay alive.

I agree that it sounds awful, hopefully its not the case!!

& repeating myself again, but the clue is in the title Back To Earth, very similar to Back To Reality.

3. TheSinisterMrX

To be honest.. that was my first thought when I read that description and noticed that it was the Hologram Rimmer. Further discussions/revelations in this forum has only strengthened that resolve.. AND.. I didn't even see what you posted. This doesn't bode well.

Apparently.. I was making this new topic at the same you were posting.

4. Miketysword

Miketysword Skutter

Having seen all 3 new eps, sadly you are correct J L. It's a similar story to the League of Gentlemen film, where the characters go back to see the writers. Oh, and there's no Ace Rimmer either, sorry.

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

How? I want names, dates and places.

6. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

Ace Rimmer's a tiresome character and fourth wall breaking is okay by me aslong as it is in a paralell universe.

7. IronMaid666

IronMaid666 Third Technician

its looking more possible that this is the plot to bact to earth. i'm not worried. as long as it has some good laughs. in 3 days time we'll all know for sure

8. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

I don't get what's so wrong with fourth wall breaking in Dwarf? Most other things have been done on the show and from what i can gather, the show will lots of enteristing things in it: The leviathan, Sophie Winkleman, simulants? Carbug, annnnddd

from what i see on carpool with Craig Charles, [size=][size=]Kryten will have a groinally attached fishing rod with a fish on the end to bate the leviathan! :lol:[/size][/size]

9. Miketysword

Miketysword Skutter

Nah, it doesn't get quite as cheesy as that. Middle of Ep 2 you'll see all about dat.
    bit like the one with dwayne dibbly, when they realise they're not who they thought they were.

10. Miketysword

Miketysword Skutter

They're on the web if you know where to look!

11. currymonster

currymonster First Technician

sorry i know I'm new here ... but the fact you don't know the name of the episode where Dwayne Dibbly, when they realise they are not who they thought they were ... leads me to think your chatting BS

sorry just my view

12. miniman92

miniman92 Skutter

and where should we look?

13. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

This guy is yanking your crank.

The episodes haven't even been finished yet. As with most Dwarf they'll be being finished right up to the wire, premiering tomorrow.

14. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

It's true, I've seen it myself.

I watched it with the cast commentary on including Norman and Hattie.
    Norm said it would have been better if he'd been in it.
    I've also seen the smeg ups and a Chris Barrie voiced story-board of how the improvised show might have looked if they'd done it.

15. Miketysword

Miketysword Skutter

The first ep ends with a swirly vortex thing created by the Russian. When you see that, you'll see this, and no who's yanking who :-)

If you know your newsgroups and FTP links, you can find them. They're not great quality, and there's some audio missing in places, i'd wait for the main deal, and watch it on a big set to enjoy the special FX feast!

i sadly don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of every Red Dwarf ep, life sucks!

16. TheSinisterMrX

When I figured that out.. I had not yet seen all of the more obvious clues and bits of leakage. Pretty sad that you say it's a popular theory then.

I expect it will be funny.. but that's still pretty lame.

17. Wandering_Ranger

Wandering_Ranger Third Technician

Miketysword - Either you're lying or your telling the truth either way your being a prize fool. If you're lying then you're merely attention seeking and if you're telling the truth you are spoiling the specials for fans who have been waiting ten years for new Red Dwarf.

One question: Why?

18. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

Mikety - You are so going to get a slap from Andrew...

19. Miketysword

Miketysword Skutter

Nah, there's way too much going on in the trilogy to give anything away. No one has mentioned the central theme in any threads, so that will give everyone something special. There's lot of other bits and bobs that no one has mentioned. There's loads of fan references, so you'll get a buzz from that. If you didn't want it ruined, why would you read loads of posts that are full of speculation, teasers and so forth. If you want no idea, don't log on until it premieres!

20. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Speculation isn't confirmation. Please stop posting this stuff.