@neilold, - the Interview!

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Abe but more Christmassy and all, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Saint Nikki

Saint Nikki Console Officer

Oh do you? Well luckily for you I remember! It was for taking a pic of your furry willy and posting it on the forum. Naughty Neil Old!

2. neilold frankincense and myrrh

neilold frankincense and myrrh Flight Co-Ordinator

Naah, that would have led to a forum promotion to grand admiral of the fleet, not a warning

3. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Nik's got it as her screensaver you see, that's how she remembers.

Saint Nikki likes this.
  4. Saint Nikki

No that's a llama, but I can see why you would mistake a llama for Neil's wooly willy.

BadOleSantabot likes this.
  5. BadOleSantabot

BadOleSantabot Deck Sergeant

I have one last question for @neilold.

Why do you think its ok to post your political beliefs HERE? We, well I'm assuming everyone else feels this way, come to this forum to get away from that stuff. There's plenty of other sites/forums available for that. We come here to get away from the horrors of the world and the strife of everyday life to celebrate the best TV show of all time. To escape the supercharged political landscape, if only for a few hours. But then, you want to bring all THAT into here as well, I don't understand. I can post you links to discussion boards of every political stripe as yes, when I want to talk politics I go to one of those, both the ones I agree with and the ones I don't.

You wouldn't eat takeaway fish and chips at Communion would you? You wouldn't take a crap in the closet at the Palace would you? There's a time and a PLACE for everything and IMHO THIS is not the place for that.

6. neilold frankincense and myrrh

I post the because I believe they are an interesting talking point, also because I am in favour of free speech, and because I am interested in other forumers opinions.

I know there are political websites especially for this, but I don't believe we should be stifled in what we discuss or framed by constraints. In fact I would expect those same other websites to discuss on its forums all sorts of topics. That's why most of them have an off topic section to begin with, and if they don't then they are restricting debate, and also limiting options vastly.

I posted political opinion in the aigburth because it's a general questions sector, and that'd what this is. If anyone else wants to put up their views, radically opposite to mine, then cool, ask anyone on here and they will tell you that I have long promoted political discussion on here.

I hope this clears it up a little for you

7. neilold frankincense and myrrh

Nikki I have noticed that during the last few months you have gone from condoning my innuendo and filth, to absolutely loving it and frequently talking about it.

I knew you would eventually inevitably turn woman, and you should now embrace it like the good little girly you are

8. BadOleSantabot

Well, we disagree on that too then. I think its just "tacky". We , most of us anyway, have enough of that outside the Aigsburth. We come here to talk about things that bring us together i.e Red Dwarf. There's enough places to go to talk about the things that divide us, why can't we have one that is for everyone.
    I don't think its a "free speech" issue at all with you. I think you just want to poison the atmosphere. You thrive on strife. I choose to live my life differently. There's too many tears in this world and not enough laughter.

9. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

I thought that for some time too, why is @neilold always pushing his politics in a Red Dwarf forum. But after some time I figured, it's probably quite a good place to push politics. The audience are fresh, and if you've got a political opinion then you want more people to agree with you. Ironically, political forums are probably the worst place to discuss politics because they people there are already going to be firmly one side or the other. Plus the discussions move so damn fast, a thread has a dozen pages in the first day and you can't get in. On political forums you're either preaching to the converted - pointless - or preaching to the "enemy" - equally pointless. But the offtopic section of an apolitical forum is probably a good space to provoke new, middling people into seeing things your way, and to show people that hey you've got these political opinions but you're a person too and you like Red Dwarf. I think it's always healthy to remember that our political enemies aren't cartoon villains but real people and hey we might actually have something in common with them like both liking Red Dwarf.

10. neilold frankincense and myrrh

Fine, if you think it's tacky then cool, that's your opinion and I dig it, I won't ever talk politics with you again, unless you want to initiate it of course. I just passed an opinion, I never intended to try to poison your mind or anything. Besides which we are both over eighteen and can make our own minds up on things, and whether they are wrong or right

11. BadOleSantabot

Exactly

12. neilold frankincense and myrrh

Cool, at least that's something we do agree on!

13. BadOleSantabot

We agree on a lot of things, true most of them are entertainment related but still. I'm just into inclusiveness (emphasizing what brings us together) and you're into divisiveness (emphasizing what tears us apart). I can get along with almost everyone , but if I ever make it back over there and we meet for a beer........ I fear that as soon as the conversation strayed far from the weather or why I don't use alcohol anymore we'd have to part ways. :-)

14. BadOleSantabot

Oh, or movies!

15. Saint Nikki

Umm...I genuinely have no idea what to say to this :/

16. BadOleSantabot

Just him being a furry llama ..................

Saint Nikki likes this.
  17. Wenceslas

Wenceslas Deck Sergeant

51 was me. :-D

18. neilold frankincense and myrrh

I think your threads are good pj, though not as great as mine

My favourite food, by a distance, is bacon

I like your avatar, reminds me of a jolly roger

My favourite film ever is blazing saddles

Yes, I have dropped food on the floor and ate it anyway, numerous times, but only if it's indoors, not on the street

PeeJayHarvey likes this.
  19. neilold frankincense and myrrh

Nikki, embrace it and love it!!!!

20. neilold frankincense and myrrh

I don't think we should meet for a beer big old ,we're both tea total!!!