New Lister Costume

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by tortexturtle, Mar 23, 2010.

1. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

I'm really excited about Lister's officially licensed costume. I've always wanted his outfit from season 1 (the one that is pictured). I really think it is the outfit that suits him best. I've already got the red London Jets shirt, and I wear it all the time. More than he did in season 1 (ok, so I may or may not be exagerrating). Everytime I go to a thrift store, I look for a beige cargo shirt to wear with my London Jets shirt. (never any luck). I've been looking for a Lister hat for more than 10 years now. But it HAS to be the hat from season 1.

Then I hear about these costumes... This is huge. This will simplify my endless hunting.

They better ship to the U.S.
    They gotta have size XXL!
    And most important...

They gotta be good quality!

I'm not buying one for a halloween costume! I want to wear it as an outfit. (I AM being serious).
    It can't be like my Freddy Krueger outfit that I bought which had a red and green nylon t-shirt (long sleeve).

It's gotta be good.

It WILL be good.

10 years is very patient. 10 years for new Dwarf.. 10 years for that smegging hat! It will be mine...Oh yes...it will be mine!

8)

2. kamw642

kamw642 Skutter

WHERE can I get a London Jets Zero Gee Football t-shirt?! I've always wanted one, any help much appreciated!

3. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

you can get loads of cool red dwarf t-shirts including london jets at this sie

http://shop.cafepress.co.uk/red%2520dwarf

not sure of the quality of the prints but if anyone knows let me know, but prob gona buy one from them anyway

4. tortexturtle

That's where my gf bought me mine from! Mine's pretty good quality wise. Though I have worn it to death and the print's slight cracking is starting to show that!

5. backtoreality

Thanks for the update! Sounds like they're worth getting alright, does the print look like it's just been crudely ironed on by a five year old or would it be the same quality as one of the official t-shirts?

Thanks

6. tortexturtle

well it is definitely a screen print, not an iron on transfer! it is of "normal" quality. Unfortunately here in the USA, it's hard to get Red Dwarf merch so easily, so I don't have any official shirts to compare it to. But it seems to be pretty standard white screen print on red shirt. I really do wear it too much (in fact I'm wearing it right now!) The only shirt I have worn more than this one was my Local H "Whatever Happened to Pj Soles" shirt. I wore that shirt to the point where it has dry rotted, has holes in it and has been sewn and ripped multiple times. I miss my PJ soles shirt :-(

But smeg almighty, do I digress! It's a good shirt (both mentioned ;-))

7. backtoreality

groovy il be ordering mine pretty soon, can't wait to get started on adding my own curry and chicken soup stains to it!

8. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

I'd love to see an image of somebody wearing the t-shirts, just to get a feel for what they're like outside of the standard image on cafepress.

9. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

I have a picture of me wearing mine somewhere. I'll attach it if I can find it.

10. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

[​IMG]

I actually took a picture of it to show someone else who wanted to see the t-shirt afew months back (hence my head being cut off). I'm really pleased with it. Ive worn it and washed it loads and none of the print has come off or anything.

I managed to spill half my dinner down it yesterday though lol.

11. SixthDwarfer

Thanks Nicky, the T-Shirt looks great. I hope you didn't bother to clean it after the dinner accident, it'll give it that real Dave Lister lived in look and smell!

12. backtoreality

wow thats great quality - thanks for the pic nicky

:-)

13. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

Your welcome. Yeah I shouldve left the stain on lol.

14. betelgeuse

betelgeuse Catering Officer

I've got to get me one of those!

15. SixthDwarfer

Post Pod arrived this morning - I am another proud owner of a London Jets T-Shirt!

16. backtoreality

sooooo cooooooool

17. samcollins

samcollins Skutter

Just to confirm Nicky, that particular shirt was ordered from cafepress? Don't want to get it wrong! Really appreciate seeing a real photo - the logos often look too small in mocked-up images.

Currently looking at these options:

Cafe Press

Red Bubble

Cafe press is the best option? Thanks :-)

18. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

Yeah mine is from Cafepress. I've had it nearly a year and it has stayed decent even though it has been worn and washed loads.

19. RegWorf

RegWorf Second Technician

And idea for some of yous who own this shirt (or others like it) before you put it into the wash turn it inside out. It will do more to save the print on the outside of it. I have a number of rare Band, Sports, and just flat out expensive designer tee-shirts that I do that to to preserve them better.

Some of my shirt are over 10 years old and look as good as they day I bought them. Just a thought.

20. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

I recieved an email from Cesar yesterday to find out when/if the costumes were still being made, this was their reply:

"We are still producing the costumes, we have just finished the resourcing and an order is on it's way, the stock will be in by 4 months"

So there we are the costumes are on their way, I for one am excited for them. :-D