New Merchandise For XI/XII?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by ahunter8056, Feb 26, 2016.

1. ahunter8056

ahunter8056 Skutter

Hi all.

What are the chances of new Red Dwarf merchandise for Series XI and XII? Have any merchandise deals already been worked out? I remember I used to own the Starbug playset. Eventually it got damaged and thrown away. Obviously prices for it nowadays are outrageous, as all collectible items are. It would be great to see a similar type of product produced again. And the Corgi Red Dwarf and Starbug models look brilliant and I would love to own them.

But the trouble with the merchandise released in the past is that they have since sold out and are rare and expensive. It would be great to see a whole new range of models and general merchandise released. I'm hoping with the revival of Red Dwarf for two new series that new merchandise will be released, but judging by the fact that it did not happen for Series X, I'm not holding out much hope.

2. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

It's early days for any of that as yet, but I think we can all agree that it's something we'd like to see, if it can be made to happen!

3. Santa Paws

Santa Paws Flight Co-Ordinator

I'd like that too. :-D

4. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

From the recordings I went to there's definitely potential for quote tshirts! Let's hope there's enough demand!

5. FeeBeeBells

FeeBeeBells Deck Sergeant

I keeping hoping for new merchandise, I don't have any Red Dwarf merchandise since I've never seen any to pick up. Have merchandise for other shows that I really like :-)

6. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

They should do a T-shirt of a moose driving a car...

7. mychemicaldwarf

mychemicaldwarf Second Technician

I don't really want t shirts, but i'd love something. Don't know what though. I have the Dwarf, Starbug and Skutter Corgi models. Anything else to add to those would be good. It always annoyed me that they did those little figures of Lister and Rimmer. Without Cat and Kryten they're about as much use as an Albanian state washing machine in a powercut.

8. mychemicaldwarf

mychemicaldwarf Second Technician

I always wanted the jigsaw out of Thanks for the Memory.

I know the original was up for sale/auction/whatever, but i wasn't paying silly money for a jigsaw. I've never seen a Dwarf jigsaw, bit weird that. Would cost peanuts to knock off a few hundred of those.

A hardcover episode guide with loads of photos would be really cool. So long as it was around £20-£30 and not crazy money. Yeah that really would be smeggin awesome. Red Dwarf is perfect for something like that. Loads of iconic moments. The Star Trek 365, Ghostbusters visual guide, Back to the Future visual guide etc books are terrific. Why no Dwarf?? :evil:

All the merchandise of absolute tat shows out there and us Dwarfers have smeg. :-(

9. Snow Cloud

Snow Cloud Console Officer

I would live little funko pops of the red dwarf gang, would go nicely with my other random ones.

10. Captain_Star

Captain_Star Third Technician

I'd like Character Options to make a range of 5" scale action figures.

It would only need a set of 8 basic figures, Series 1 & 2 versions of Cat, Lister, Rimmer & Kryten along with generic Series 3 - 5 versions.

Plenty of scope for cheap future repaints & variants if popular.

11. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

Id really like some new RD tshirts (I always used to ask for them for birthdays and xmas so it would be a real nostalgia boost!). Id also quite like for that Red Dwarf Lego playset to come to fruition so I could hang it up in the office. Id settle for any new merch to be fair!

12. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Some new T-Shirts for me would be quite good....
    Failing that, A full size fully working Starbug equipped with a 'Holly hop drive' would do. :-)

13. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

While it's good, that's not really the same thing, though - it's not an official book, and as such doesn't have photos and stuff. It's also not an episode guide! It's an encyclopaedia of concepts from within the show and spinoff material.

14. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Seb beat me to it!