New RD Series next year!?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by squeakie, Jan 20, 2011.

1. squeakie

squeakie Third Technician

Just saw this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1348939/Craig-Charles-confirms-Red-Dwarf-new-series.html

2. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

....If true, thats slightly further further into the future than I anticipated!! Not sure I can contain my excitement that long. I might 'splode!!

3. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

I did not see the term 2012 being used hopefully they mean 2011 and its just a new years glitch

4. ori-STUDFARM

That was my first thought. But looking at the date of the article (updated 20th of Jan 2011) and the line "Speaking on Real Radio's breakfast show this week, Charles told presenters Ditchy and Salty:", I think it could be filmed end of this year and broadcast sometime next year.

That said, it wasn't that long ago that Craig announced 2 series being filmed in Jan 2011....and that didn't prove true.

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Exciting news, but it's all still unofficial. Hopefully the new series will be announced on this site sometime soon.

Maybe this Friday...

I really, really hope it's this year rather than next. The few months' wait for Back To Earth was bad enough. Having to wait all through 2011 would be agony.

6. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

He must mean next year, 2012, as he said November, December and January for filming.

7. RegWorf

RegWorf Second Technician

Ooo, very good news. I'd rather them take their time and come out with a quality product than rush something threw and leave it lacking.

8. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

Exactly! Yeah sorry from that article 2012 is more likely but it's all good in the end as long as it comes into being

9. AnimeRocker16

AnimeRocker16 Skutter

llewblog.squarespace.com/red-dwarf/

A little bit more info

10. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I'd rather they get on with it before the cast are all in their sixties and the episodes revolve around Lister racing down a hill in a wheelbarrow! :shock:

But seriously the advancing years of the cast is a concern to me so every delay just makes me think of the extra Dwarf we then could have had. It's nobody's at GNP's fault though I know.

Incidently what an appalling piece of coverage that article was.

"Will the Cat be coming back?" Did somebody at either the Mail or Real Radio seriously ask that as a question?

11. ori-STUDFARM

Considering the scripts were commissioned as far back as October 2009, I think we can take it for granted. They're taking their time.... :P

12. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

:lol: What a great story. Craig going ahead and spilling the beans!

I think it's great that they're considering a live studio audience, but I can also understand their trepidation. One would think there's some sort of waiver they could get audience members to sign swearing them to secrecy about the whole thing. One would wonder how sitcoms in the States manage to keep big plot developments under wraps?

I think Naylor tweeted the idea of stripping everyone down to speedos to ensure no one had cameras or recording devices. :P

13. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'm bracing myself for the influx of billions of newbies like last time.

14. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

It's not as if Red Dwarf is the only studio audiance show to be shot in the twitter/Youtube/Facebook age. Surely there are people working in television who can make suggestions about how to minimise spoilers leaking out.

15. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i totally agree with what craig said
    also it is abit sad we gotta wait till 2012, but i really hope we get at least another 2 series

16. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes, he's right, but then they're two very different series. I'd like them to recapture the spirit of series 3 to 5. If they manage that I'll be very happy.

For me, the problem with Back To Earth was that it wasn't one thing or another, and so it just didn't feel like Red Dwarf.

17. squeakie

squeakie Third Technician

Ok I have to admit, I never saw Back to Earth until..... tonight! pretty funny and weird .... Can't wait to see what they come up with in the new series next year :-) I think at DJ in April I will attempt to dress up as that Russian sounding hologram ... just need to learn to speak with a fake Russian accent. lol.

18. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I love it when new Red Dwarf is on the horizon! :-D Makes everything more exciting. Be prepared for the DJ attendance in April to double :P

19. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

Andrew - digitalspy are still insisting you broke the news first..!

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/news/a299266/craig-charles-new-red-dwarf-next-year.html

Still, this news has absolutely made my day, no, my YEAR!!

20. grimlysmegy

grimlysmegy Skutter

This is fab news, had no idea till i read the link from Rob's tweets.
    I am totally out the loop since my BTL expired :evil: