*NEW* Rimmer is dead?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jacksmith, Apr 3, 2009.

1. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

So there's alot of discussion over which Rimmer it is in RED DWARF: BTE. Whether it is the ressurected Rimmer or the Ace Rimmer, Rimmer.
    Now here's an interesting picture from the Radio Times Website:
    Clicky here!
    That seems to be...Rimmer's grave, but which one's? Why would they hold a funeral 9 years after ressurected Rimmer's death? Or did he not go down with the ship? Or maybe it's Original Rimmer? i don't know, heck i thought the reason Lister was wearing that suit was because he's gone to Kochanski's funeral.

Guess we gotta wait a week.
    (Also in the pictures were a market stall (from the Blade runner style scene)that was advertising Eye ball soup!)

2. connell

connell First Technician

Now thats confusing, i'm not sure which one it is, theres one pciture of Rimmer in series 1, and one of his ressurected Nano-version there from series 8, it could be either?!

3. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

er...heads hurts :-/

4. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

Hmm well it could be the Rimmer who was resurrected, he died with the ship, then he eventually became a hologram again. Maybe that scenes a flashback to a few months after he died, but before he was made into a hologram.
    I'm hoping its Ace Rimmer who came back, and became the crew member again. But from what we've seen he cant be, as he seems too normal Rimmer, not Acey.

Even if it was him then, why would Dave mourn the grave of resurrected Rimmer, when the friend he always knew was back? Makes no sense, so it must be resurrected rimmers grave, who turns back to a hologram.

God I miss Original Hologram Rimmer.

5. MrFlibble42

MrFlibble42 Skutter

I think it may just be grave to represent everyone who has died rather than one specifically for Rimmer. There seem to be photo frames all around the gravestone and we can see a photo of series 1 Rimmer and series 8 Rimmer and an empty frame. Whos to say there isn't a photo of Kochanski on the side that Lister is looking at.

6. jacksmith

It is true, that the grave may be for the entire resurrected RED DWARF crew, afterall we still don't know how they die.

7. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

last we saw they all had jettisoned off Red Dwarf in the escape pods, so If I recall correctly they're still drifting in space, back at a planet or written out. :-p Hell, we've no idea how they got Red Dwarf back! They have a lot of voids to fill in these three parts!

8. jacksmith

Well that was in the ending that was cut, so stricly speaking it's non-canon.

9. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

Was it? Ahh right. Well still, it'd make sense as I doubt they were all on the ship not helping out. Just leave a second technician to save the day!

10. jacksmith

Actully i was being a bit of a twit there, you're right all the Dwarf crew evacuated, silly me! Still makes me wonder about the mirorr universe crew (if they stayed in that universe atall :-p)

11. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

its been a while since I saw the episode, have to watch it soon. There are quite a fair deal of plot holes. I've got one wish though, and thats if they cover all of these details in a star wars scrolling text style, that its slow enough to read!

12. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

I just think she will be ignored... or back in her dimension bye bye... And is that funeral at all?
    I think it's original Rimmer...

13. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

I had a thought. Cat/Kryten don't even know original hologram Rimmer is still alive. They thought he died in stoke me a clipper, when he in fact became Ace. So this will complicate things on which Rimmer it is, etc.

14. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

lets let real, kochanski is proberly on the other side and lister is looking at it, the other side is just to let us know rimmer was killed also

15. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I've often wondered if this is the case. I had an idea that Lister let the cat out of the bag later. The metaphorical cat I mean... not the Cat cat. Obviously.

16. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

Wow, this has got me REALLY confused! Which Rimmer is in BTE? and which one is dead? and who knows which Rimmer is dead? I think this is probably the biggest Red Dwarf plot-hole ever. Or am I just being blond? :?

17. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

Nope its very confusing. Original Hologram Rimmer went off to be Ace. He's currently MIA, no idea if he's alive or dead.
    Resurrected Nano bot made Rimmer was last seen in the mirror universe kneeing Death in the nuts. Class him as Dead I reckon.

So we now have a hologram Rimmer, and I guess it'd make more sense if it was the Resurrected Rimmer who became a hologram. He could have made it back safely, then died of another cause several years later, we don't yet know.

Will this Rimmer even have a Hard Light drive? Hmm that's a thought. Red Dwarf can only make primitive Holograms, only the Rimmer who is Ace Rimmer has Hard light. If we watch the trailers and see Rimmer interacting with objects, well he's either Ace Rimmer Rimmer, or Red Dwarf has upgraded its tech. But I'm hoping the former.

Hmm he does touch an escalator hand rail, but then again how do we determine touching an object different to standing on it? I'm hoping he is hard light, and preferably Ace come back. Yep I had to check my sources (I'm not well educated in this) but Blue Uniform means Hard light, Red uniform means soft light. Well, I guess it must be Ace! Fingers crossed. Wow I typed a lot here. sorry.

18. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

Nice one Elwood, like the way you're thinking. Ace Rimmer would be the best one to have in the specials 'cause he's the original and best, Unless... Being Ace Rimmer has changed him and he's all brave and decent after his experiences as Ace. What are the odds on that?

19. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

He'd probably come back after years of trying and only having limited success. After all, he did cause Five suicides when he worked the Samaritans line, and one of them was a wrong number!

20. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

\

He'd just called for the Cricket scores!