New series

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dunc7827, Mar 27, 2009.

1. dunc7827

dunc7827 Skutter

i hope this easter special will lead to a new series being commisioned lets hope!!
    cause they have built a new bunk bed set be a shame to waste it for just three specials

2. SFRimmer12

SFRimmer12 Third Technician

Well, I saw that video on youtube of Robert Llwellyn talking to the american host and he said that these specials would be/ could be a door, leading to a possibilty of a series 9.

They've done it with Doctor Who (reviving a classic series), hopefully, Red Dwarf will be next. :-)

3. ENVY16

ENVY16 Third Technician

But it's a lot easier to re-launch Doctor Who, all that's required is a new actor. With Red Dwarf as the actors get older and older, it's gonna be hard.

However, I would LOVE a Ninth series :-D and if it's going to happen somewhen it's got to now. From the pictures of Back To Earth Craig, Chris, Robert and Danny all look and sound more or less as they did before, but they may not for much longer :? I would say Norman Lovvett is too old to be Holly again now which is a damn shame as I always preferred him to Hatty.

4. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

If you ask me, its daft to get too hung up on their age as long as the stories move with it.

ie. a Rimmer / Lister bunk scene would work with older cast. Indeed, with Lister at least, it worked at the age of 172.

Shooting aliens with bazookoids will look daft in 10 years time, though.