No More Red Dwarf Petition

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mrtrebus, Apr 13, 2009.

1. lob337

lob337 Third Technician

good grief! lets not get carried away!

2. THEBRIT

THEBRIT Third Technician

Please go and beg for some attention somewhere else.
    BTW Red Dwarf forever!!!
    P.s More series!!!!
    p.s.s BTE amazing!!!

3. JakeGould

JakeGould Third Technician

I belive the phrase should be Taken round the barn and blow away by both barrels, as said in RD, lol. (May have the quote slightly wrong, sorry)

4. JakeGould

JakeGould Third Technician

I belive the phrase should be Taken round the barn and blow away by both barrels, as said in RD, lol. (May have the quote slightly wrong, sorry)

5. Zorak1083

Zorak1083 Skutter

Hey guys I'm gonna post a reply right after I sign the Red Dwarf petition brb

6. Rageofangels

Rageofangels First Technician

If you don't want more Red Dwarf, then don't watch it when the new series comes on. That way everyone's happy.

Simple, really.

RAGE

7. Zorak1083

Zorak1083 Skutter

Ok, I didn't actually intend to post a reply after my last one, it was kind of a joke but then I started thinking (uh oh stand back)

There really is too little sci fi on tv these days, with the few shows there are recently dead or dying.
    This genre happens to be my favorite, I'm not sure exactly why, but I think that rekindling an old favorite has never quite been done in the way it would be if they were to begin a new series of Red Dwarf, with the same cast and everything. Its a chance to spark a rebirth of great new sci fi! Differences about Red Dwarf aside, any science fiction fan has to get beside that. Even if you hated a new series, if it becomes popular it holds the possibility that you might end up seeing the birth of some other new show that you really like. In any case, there's no point in pouting and whining about something like this, and if you hate BTE, just exclude it from your collection, take all your other discs, bury them in your yard and say 'Thanks for the Memory'.

8. Robbyuno

Robbyuno Third Technician

It would be a bit of a shame if any new ones didn't live up to previous episodes, but frankly, the utter crap that is on telly most of the time these days would still be surpassed by RD, no matter how disappointing it was.

The only programs I am expecting to watch this week? Later with Jools Holland, Shameless and RD BtE pt 3.

9. stevenrankin

stevenrankin Third Technician

I didn't like the doctor who series 3 finale that much 2 years ago. so I think they shouldn't of made anymore doctor who again.

and for those morons who didn't undertsand that. It was called sarcasim . and completly untrue I love every episode of dr who but by using ur logic If anyone didn't like one episode.(as that was what bte really was one episode) then it should be cancelled and finshed. Bte did have it's flaws but why don't u try and create a tv episode in 14 days filming about a month cgi work . I belive the episodes got commisoned in nov/dec last year that's a very very short time to bring back and establish a series.

Please note I only used doctor who as an example as it has a simalar fan-base and as big as red dwarf was at it's peak.

I got think of loads of example using ur logic. One chip in my fish and chip supper was burned so I'm not going to eat the rest and never eat chips again. Join me in this

10. garfie

garfie Catering Officer

Wrong side of the thin line between genius and ins
    Nice to see you can use sarcasm and logic. You might want to try intelligence next. I think the general opinion has been the more good RD would be fantastic but given series 7, 8 and BTE, we aren't sure it is going to happen. To use your examples, you might not stop watching a show or eating chips if there is one bad show or chip but if you found the shows were consistently not as good you might stop watching the show and if you had an entire portion of fish and chips that was bad you might well stop going back to that chip shop.
    I thought 7 and 8 were OK but not up to previous series of RD but BTE was awful. I haven't necessarily been put off new RD entirely but I am a lot less keen on new episodes than I used to be.

11. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

in a nut shell j l is a loser who would be sat on here CRYING like the loser he is if BTE hadn't have been made.

You disgust me

12. Eternity

Eternity Third Technician

But surely thats the whole point; if someone was disappointed in a few episodes of a TV series, then they would simply stop watching it - not *try* to petition to prevent more from being made!

Seriously, I never understand people like the OP who say they are a huge fan of something and then thoroughly slag off even the tiniest element they didn't like. If its that bad then don't watch it; if its put you off wanting any more episodes then don't watch any new ones -even pretend the show stopped at series 8 or 6 or whatever you prefer- but don't bitch about it!

Just enjoy the stuff you like and ignore the stuff you don't.

13. garfie

garfie Catering Officer

I agree petitioning is a bit over the top but I can see the point. There are some shows that everyone remembers as being great and some that started great then faded away. It can be a shame if you think a show you once thought of as the best thing on become unwatchable. Sometimes you would rather a show stopped while still good rather than keep going until the audience figures are so low the show is dropped.

14. no_name

no_name Third Technician

You state a deterioriation in quality yet say you enjoyed the 2 final series. If you still enjoy the show why do you think they should have stopped making it? I personally will continue to support the production of new Red Dwarf until an episode fails to entertain me. Whilst I agree that VII and VIII weren't as good as previous series, there were still enough laughs to make me interested in seeing more. We got BTE and it was a significant improvement and was one of the most entertaining and brilliant bits of television I had seen in quite a while. It's not often a television programme moves me like the Lister/Kochanski stuff did in BTE.

And people who complained about the FX being poor. They surpassed my expectations and I can't understand how someone who's a fan of old RD can have a problem with bad FX. They were never brilliant in series I-VIII, let's be honest.

As for the "not funny" comments. I can't understand. I thought, for the most part, the actors were great and slipped back into their characters brilliantly. The jokes themselves were also pretty good (a lot of small laughs and a few proper big laughs) with a great mix of (mostly) I-VI humour with some of the more basic VII & VIII style gags. Some of the lines could've been placed in episodes from I-VI and wouldn't have seemed at all out of place so I can't see where the complaints are coming from.

15. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

I really enjoyed BTE probably more than season 7 or 8.
    Why spoil it for the rest of us?! Have your say in one of the numerous topics but why initiate a petition, when there's quite obviously a lot of RD fans who would love to see another series.

This is a much better idea. Watch the episodes/series that you love. What you have to remember is that BTE is really just one long episode and if it was in a series it may be your least favourite.
    Thinking of this thread: http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/forum/messages.cfm?threadid=AA0E8067-90A1-6E91-C76A7456F2B02B9B

Quote or not thats a little harsh. :? & difficult to find funny when you first read it! :lol:

16. garfie

garfie Catering Officer

Series 7 and 8 are ones I find hard to class. In some ways I think RD should have stopped after 6 because before that it was one of the best shows on TV and it would have been good to remember it that way. After 6 it became a bit more of and enjoyable show but not anything particularly special. I was interested in seeing more but still wished it was as good as it had once been.

That is one point I really disagree with you on. I really thought BTE was rubbish and wish it hadn't been made.

The FX didn't bother me - infact some was quite good.

I can think of one funny line in the whole of BTE (Rimmer's "in my country we have several". The rest was either painfully not funny or just not funny. The toilet paper scene was plain stupid, Comic-Book-Guy just seemed to be a poor Simpsons rip-off, the scene with Lister on the type-writer was just pathetic and the ironing the sneeze scene just didn't work (although it looks like it should have if done right).

17. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

That's the beauty of personal choice. Some will love it, some will hate it. And with everything else, just because you express your opinion on someone, it won't change their mind to your way of thinking. No matter how may times you express it.

18. billyballoch

billyballoch Third Technician

Ouch that was harsh, not only do you have the cheek to try to ruin the chance of new episodes for us lot who actually ENJOYED BTE, buy you have the brass neck to mock Craig Charles personal life. I don't care if you we're just using that analogy to make your rubbish post seem more witty but i would say you failed. Shame on you mate, shame on you :eek:ops: :evil:

And also, correct me if im wrong cannot beleive that people feel that they have to be so abusive towards doug naylor on this forum, i would never even dream of doing so on the OFFICIAL RD Forum, hey doug haters, ever heard of a little thing called netiquette?

19. starbugtwo

starbugtwo Second Technician

while it wasn't perfect it wasn't that bad either so i hope it will be a starting point for more .so a no more red dwarf petition i would not agree with .

20. Smegbot

Smegbot Second Technician

what the smeg??! what do u mean a 'no more red dwarf petition'!!! More red dwarf all the way!!!!