Norman Lovett MySpace

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by DanMcGrew, Apr 8, 2009.

1. mellow_n_dark

mellow_n_dark First Technician

It's not wrong at all he is totally and utterly jealous!!

To call the cast self centred because no one got in touch is pathetic! I wonder if he got in touch with Hattie when he came back in series 7/8??? Hmmmm!!! Doubtful... oh wait in series 3 he rang Craig and accused her of "stealing his act"!! Self centred indeed!!!

2. teeheehoddleha

teeheehoddleha Third Technician

Not exactly the Norweb speech though. Norman's performance in Season 8 was pretty much like everyone elses, that is, popping up every now and again to make a cheap joke then clearing out of the way before the plot veers off in yet another half-arsed direction.

3. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

It's sad to hear him being a bit sulky, i think Rob should have came back i mean he didn't want Red Dwarf to be the thing on his grave but i think that's going to be the case anyway, he should have come back with doug, they are still freinds right? Or does Doug wanna pursue it solo?

4. brautigan

brautigan Third Technician

on the DVDs he comes across as being a 'knob' and the other cast members say that he's always moaning...so I say sod off Norm, the Dwarf is better off without you!
    It simply boils down to him being bitter, full of regret (which i imagine stems back to him seeing Hattie as his replacement - which by the way is his fault), less succesful than the other cast members, and bascially a miserable b*****d. He's got a massive chip on his shoulder and it's no wonder the other cast members don't get in touch with him.
    Shame really coz he was good in series 1 and 2 (laboured in 8 though!)

5. mellow_n_dark

Could not agree more with leemellons !

Imagine how much more money he would have if he hadn't have got greedy at the end of series two!!

He should be thankful to Doug and the rest of the cast for making Red Dwarf a success for his comeback in series 7!!!

I normally like the guy... but this is outrageous!

6. Ronstar

Ronstar Third Technician

From what I understand, Norm throws his toys out of the pram quite a lot (not from personal experience, since I've only met him twice and he was fun on both occasions - though I did go out of my way to say that I loved 'I Lovett' and his performance in 'The Young Ones').

A story often related about Norm and leaving after series II is that because he lived in Scotland and the RD rehearsals were in Acton, he wanted to only go to the recordings at Manchester, but demanded full pay anyway. He was told that that wasn't possible, so he said "Well I've got my own show now anyway, so sod off". This is all third hand information, so how true it is I can only speculate.

It has to be said that I don't think most people think he is as funny as he thinks he is. When he performed on a double bill with Toby Foster at Loughborough Student's Union, the laughter was rather forced and strained during his performance, and a lot more natural and forthcoming during Foster's, despite it being Norm that had filled the auditorium.

Ronnie

7. Cpt_Darling

Cpt_Darling First Technician

It's a huge shame but these digs at GNP have been going on for a while and he's accused GNP of misleading fans in the past..

I think the irony is that he's been more than happy to use the Red Dwarf name, selling Holly photo autographs at Memorabilia for example and the 'Double Header' tour was advertised as and heavily used the Dwarf theme. There was even an almost etirely Red Dwarf based Q&A session with Hattie at the end of the show..I think it's fair to assume that he was also paid for his role in 'Beat-The-Geek', not that long ago..

Strangly, I thought he was a friend of Danny given that he was reportedly a character witness at the recent trial, it now seems he has turned his venom on the other cast members.

It all speaks volumes of the bloke in my view, who in all fairness hasn't had the biggest career in showbusiness.

8. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

I for one, prefered the original hollys part compared to Kryten. I have never been a huge Kryten fan, but that is just personel preference. Even if Norman had of come back for series 3 onward, I imagine the stories would have remained the same anyway.

9. mellow_n_dark

Agreed

As Paul Jackson said in the series 2 documentary – BAD ATTITUDE! From what has been posted on this here forum – he has got very little sympathy or support!

10. RedMidget

RedMidget First Technician

what i herd on the commentaries was that norm lived too far away to keep traveling to and from his home to production in sereise 1-2
    plus i think we're over analysing the irradiated fruit salad here, norman has the right to feel a little cheated after S8 having only "bald" jokes and breif appearences, people say things so lets not not go on a crusade just cause someone said somthing that we don't like,
    forgive and forget i say
    well thats my 2cents

11. CrunchbiteJr

CrunchbiteJr Skutter

Meh, sod the bitter git. I prefered Hattie anyway ;-)

12. mellow_n_dark

ha ha best post ever!!

13. CrunchbiteJr

CrunchbiteJr Skutter

And my first post, greatness awaits!

14. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Anyone remember his famous "Everything is smeg" youtube video? :P

15. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I do, and I still wonder what it was all about.

A bad day at the office perhaps.

16. mellow_n_dark

Well reading this post he has very LITTLE support from Red Dwarf fans! Think about it Norm (if you're reading this)!

Shame on you...

Thoughts Andrew??

17. Holly_Hilly

Holly_Hilly Third Technician

In response to somebody asking what has happened to his Blogs:

"I put up info that I didn't mean to because it's for my autobiog which I'm working on at the moment. I can let you know that I will not be working with RD/GrantNaylor again as I have been treated appallingly by them over the years and there comes a time when it has to end.
    Cheers, Norman"

18. mellow_n_dark

Good luck then Norm. See you in... er... what else have you done? Er... oh yeah.. that stand up show based around Red Dwarf!!!

What a loser! Good ridance!

19. teeheehoddleha

teeheehoddleha Third Technician

SPOILER ALERT regarding tonight's episode:

While in an alternative reality, in which they are fictional TV characters, the Dwarfers encounter a bald miserable old sod in Asda stacking peas and complaining about some guy called Grant Naylor who screwed him over.

20. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

It actually makes me sad to see him say that. We obviously don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but he's coming across as very bitter and a bit of an egomaniac.

I met him a year and a half ago at Memorabilia and wondered why he wasn't sat with the Red Dwarf cast... maybe this is why?

I don't like the idea of this book he's writing about his time on Dwarf where we'll "find out what they're really like" either.

Oh dear Norm.