Norman Lovett MySpace

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by DanMcGrew, Apr 8, 2009.

1. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Humor me here;

Imagine Norman Lovett is making this up on his MySpace to throw us off. A "Russo Swerve" if you will.

In Episode III they may encounter the actor who plays Holly, depressed and bitter about how he was written out after "Series IX", and is actually the guy who has the four bullets.

Norm goes on a KILL FRENZY! - and kills the crew.

You know it's totally true.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Holly's going to suddenly pop up at the end of episode 3 on Lister's watch.

"All right, dudes?"

3. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

That would be awesome lol.

4. gwynnie86

gwynnie86 Third Technician

Can't carry a computer around with them on earth? THE HOLLY-WATCH, people!!!!
    Also saying they couldn't afford it, when they could afford to bring in a new "modern" actress from Peep Show is a load of bull.

5. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

To be fair, you don't know the importance of big suzes character yet. She's got to play a pivotal role from the way it's going.

6. Jennifer2009

Jennifer2009 Skutter

I think that was a blatant plug for his book. He probably expected to get some press from his rant.

7. joe_mills

joe_mills First Technician

Russo swerve lol, I believe that Norman has been working us all along and like true RD marks we fell for it.

OMG imagine if Russo had written RD, imagine how it would have turned out, the haters would have had a field day!!!

8. Snow Cloud

Snow Cloud Console Officer

I would love if Russo had written an episode of Red Dwarf.
    "On tonights Red Dwarf the gang find a mysterious Box only to discover it has a picture of Scott Hall in it, Kryten is weirded out only later to find out he is Scott Hall."

russo loved scott hall.

9. joe_mills

joe_mills First Technician

i loved Scott Hall, come on who didnt, HEY YO!

Worse he would have had David Arquette replace Craig Charles!!:eek:

10. deepSnoozer

deepSnoozer Third Technician

Everything is done by one man (Naylor) and he can't do everything well - True Season 8 was a good example at it, i didnt disliked Season 8 i just tought that it was worse than the others.
    Bring back Grant and get a good director - Also True.
    And Holly with some good gags of course. - Who goes there? Friend of Foe? (Queeg) , We are giving you a new oportunity to screw up again in a new and original way (Refering to Rimmer in Series 8 i think).

Yes Holly when played by normad lovett was excelent and i loved it, but.. it's not the main cast
    and yes Grant is better than Naylor. but.., naylor is also good.

And is he crying and being childish? well i dont know what hapened there and i dont know if he is right or not, so i am not even going to touch that matter :-p

Happy easter

11. mellow_n_dark

mellow_n_dark First Technician

Yes Holly when played by normad lovett was excelent and i loved it, but.. it's not the main cast
    and yes Grant is better than Naylor. but.., naylor is also good.

How exactly do you know this???? give me some examples on how you could possible know he is better!!

Obviously you never watched the dreadful series Grant wrote for SKY 1 (!) The Strangerers!!!

I don't think you know what you're talking about to be honest but hey, over to you.

12. cyberkilla

cyberkilla Second Technician

How do we know Grant is the best? Has he done Red Dwarf episodes by himself like Naylor?
    Naylor is good! The characters will have the mannerisms and catchphrases from the first few series in 7 & 8.
    At the end of the day, the more the story developed, the harder it was to stick to the 'Lister hates Rimmer and they faff about on a starship in the middle of nowhere' plot. It had to be expanded upon. Naylor had the hard bit.

EDIT:
    I hope this is a ploy to cause a bit of trouble. I like the Holly character. It's a shame the actor has burned the bridges.
    It's fortunate that there are two Holly actors:-)
    Thing is, his rant hasn't caused that much controversy. It all amounts to a single thread on this forum. If it was a trick to throw people off him popping up in the third episode, it hasn't worked very well.

13. gazb8s

gazb8s Third Technician

i cant see how ppl can say anything bad about doug. if it wasnt for him it would of ended ages ago wen grant decided not to do it anymore. yea it changed a bit wen he left but if it was the other way round and it was still grant doing it on his own i bet it would be no where near as gd. doug clearly spent loads of time and effort to get it bak on our screens and i wana thank him for doing a brilliant job

14. Holly_Hilly

Holly_Hilly Third Technician

It's not going to turn out to be some sort of ploy, although I wish it would.

Robert Llewellyn said on his Twitter that he's aware of Norman's comments and doubts that "He'll ever speak to me ever again" but then he went on to say that he hopes he does because he's "Brilliant" and a "Loveable old grump".

I really hope it can be sorted, Norman is being very unfair.

15. yukkaspecial

yukkaspecial Skutter

I am a bit pissed off with Norman for leaving after series 2. I thought Holly was a brilliant character and loved the interations with the crew. I don't share the opinions of others that Hattie was better and its a real shame that some middle ground could not be reached that left Norman in the cast for seasons 3-6.

Now I am even more annoyed that he is publicly slating other members of the cast (especially Danny - I met him at play.com live with Hattie and the guy couldnt have been more friendly and talkative about possible future stuff) and making it next to impossible to carry on playing his character again.

Very dissappointing. Real shame.

As for the discussions about who is better out of Rob and Doug, season 7 was my least favorite series and I liked season 8 alot mainly due to the reappearance of a spiteful bitter Rimmer and the return of Holly so Doug can do good.

16. THEBRIT

THEBRIT Third Technician

Your not going to win a slating competition against the man who brought back red dwarf!
    Cmon norm, let by gones be by gones. Dont let your fans down :-(

17. mellow_n_dark

mellow_n_dark First Technician

He's just doing it to plug his book.

As far as I am concerned, series 6 and 7 (as well as the current one now) works much better without him. All he has done is make it easier for either Hattie to come back or just get rid of the character altogether.

He really isn't needed to be honest.

Oh, and say series 9 (or 10 whatever) gets commissioned with a juicy budget... there is no way in hell he would turn it down. the guy has an ego and is only famous for one thing. The rest of the cast have achieved so much more. For that - he must be deleted! ha ha

18. Snow Cloud

Snow Cloud Console Officer

Hey I was just on Norms Myspace and he has the cover of his new book up.

[​IMG]

Looks pretty good! I will have to get it!

19. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

he said he'd never do Red Dwarf ever again anyway, so his loss. We'l just have Hattie H back.

20. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

He'll do the words "Norman Lovett" in the Red Dwarf logo though, just incase peoople don't recognise him with a neck.

.....Then he'll moan about how bad the logo is and suggest that he once created one which was better. I think the opening chapter will be about how selfish everybody is because he didn't control the writing, directing, VisFX team and the casting for Series I and II, and that it went downhill after Series III when he stopped chirping input.

The middle of the book will no doubt slag the cast off rotten, claiming Craig Charles spent most of his time on set high on crack, that Chris Barrie had a blackmail rackettiring scheme going on in Manchester's Chinatown and that Danny was on time.

He'll then end the book saying how bad Red Dwarf is and how much better it could have been, before putting the following at the end in small text;

Thank you to Grant Naylor productions for the use of logo and imagery in this book*

*this does not reflect the personal opinions of Norman Lovett.