Not sure about 'Back to Earth'...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by TheSpong, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

I have to disagree, whilst I can accept that it's not likely to happen I would like to see an official resolution to the series VIII cliffhanger and whilst it may be a minority opinion, I don't believe I'm alone.

2. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Too much water under the bridge for a conclusion to that cliffhanger, Doug Naylor wrote Red Dwarf into a hole with series XIII that I don't think he was able to write himself out of.....hell that fact is why that joke in "The Beginning" was funny. I think the fact so much time has rolled by actually has given the show a great opportity to move on from it......and preferably avoid looking back on the train wreck that was series VIII was much as possible.

3. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

Definitely agree with you here, as much as I'd like an official resolution I'm a bit conflicted because I'm not convinced that Doug would write one that didn't leave me disappointed.

4. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

That's why I said it, yes. :roll:

5. Ant the Dragon

Back to earth was better than series X.

I love red dwarf when it's insane, drama driven with a weird almost psychological based back story.

That's why I love series 5 and 7 - the latter being painfully underrated to the point of insult!

The series that feeds off continual one-liners like red dwarf 3, 8 and X just don't do it for me. I also must be one of the only people who think Robert and Craig give better performances WITHOUT having an audience!!!

6. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Come on now Ant, don't be daft. :-D

7. Ant the Dragon

You and your "unwanted opinion" yet again? :roll:

8. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Craig certainly did a particularly good job in BTE. Which is perhaps unsurprising given his
    experience on Corrie. Then again he was good in series 7 too. As were the rest of the cast.

I do however think the show works particularly well with an audience. Both for atmospheric reasons and because the cast seem to enjoy it more and thus gain a boost to their collective morale which seems to encourage them to stay on top of their game.

I do think they're more than capable of performing just as well with no audience though. What with being highly professional and all. Well, some of them...maybe. ;-)

9. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

You and your simulant-esque attitude yet again.

It's a forum where opinions are expressed, popular of otherwise. What part of this basic premise do you not understand?

10. Ant the Dragon

What's this "Simulant comparison" all about?
    I was here first!!!!!!!!!!! :x