On facebook 5 mins ago...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by supercat, Apr 10, 2011.

1. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

yay to a new series. :-D

2. Legionofone

Legionofone Skutter

Personally i dont mind where they go with the story....... with one exeption, give us a smegging explanation to the cliffhanger at the end of S8!!! seriously? you cant leave us hanging for nearly a Decade and then NOT finnish the story.

anyway as far as characters go i really think they need to get Holy back in some shape or another, as much as i would love Norman to comeback for it i think that might be wishfull thinking. i read somewhere there was a sugestion that a compleatly new actor played holy and Bill Baily was sighted as a good candidate, tbh i think bill would be fantastic at it if they did go down that route

3. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

They didn't. They left it for over a decade and then proceeded to not tell what happened afterwards. Considering any attempt to fill in that end will probably turn out as a cop out anyway, it's for the best they leave that alone and just move onwards with things.

4. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

From the reports I've read/listened to at DJ, Doug Naylor has stated that he feels that stuff needs to be addressed as well. It's unlikely the next series will be set in that time period though, but there could well be flashbacks or just references.

I'm pretty sure the Bill Bailey mention was just fan suggestions. Personally, if they bring Holly back (and I hope they do) I think they should use Hattie.

5. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

I think it needs to be Hattie or no Holly at all tbh.
    Norman was brilliant as Holly but after Robert joined the series as Kryten, Holly became virtually redundant. Hattie never had the screen time or the material to work with that Norman had and though I was delighted to see him back for series VIII, there wasn't really enough for him to do to make it worthwhile. It just seems a waste. If for some reason Robert was unable to return, I think the series would still work with Holly given the screen time he had in the first 2 series but as long as Kryten is there I think the reduced role is more suited to Hattie's Hol and certainly not enough there for someone of Bills calibre to get their teeth into.

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Possible spoiler:

There was a story idea that Doug Naylor mentioned at DJ. (In one of the private session I believe.) It could turn out to be a good Holly-centric episode, Kryten or no Kryten!

7. Legionofone

Legionofone Skutter

tbh that would be fine with me as long as there was some sort of mention,

it was, im just saying i think it was a good idea