One for neilold

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by BigOleDummy, Jan 6, 2018.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

2. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator Warned

Goddamn, I'm sick of all the horror threads people on here keep starting

3. neilold

Personally I'm looking forward to the new Halloween, new hatchet movie, the meg, new mutants and the house with the clock on its walls

4. BigOleDummy

Well, here it is 6 days into the New Year and we haven't had one yet. I guess our USUAL Horrormeister is on vacation. Either that or he's slipping into the Darkness of ................. bronydom!

5. BigOleDummy

Yeah, I'm anxious to see that new Halloween myself. I also really want to see the one about the Winchester House too. I've toured the real one and it .......... is........... strange .......... and ............ creepy. You can FEEL the madness seeping from the walls.

6. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

The trailer on A Quiet Place looked pretty good - I'd assume that's horror.

7. BigOleDummy

I agree but wonder about all the quiet/silent parts. It would be a movie I'd want to watch at home instead of in a theater.

8. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I always thought completely silent scenes were much more stunning/magical/incredible in theaters with everybody silent. I'm probably not watching it anyway, but I figured that with horror threads making up about three fourths of this forum I'd contribute something I knew about it for once.

9. neilold

The Winchester house looks like it would be a more interesting place to visit and read the backstory, rather than watch the movie. He's out there sounds interesting, and trick r treat 2 will be good if it materialises

10. BigOleDummy

Well, people are more civilized in your neck of the woods. Around HERE, the silent part's of movies (extended silence) are cause to start talking and commenting loudly, making jokes etc.

11. BigOleDummy

Yeah, its great to tour and I'd heard the backstory before I went, but as I said its a weird place. Hoping the movie can capture the essence of madness that fill's the place. Truly, you can just feel the insanity oozing from the place.

12. neilold

It's weird how it's connected to Winchester guns, you wouldn't link the two together at all. It's also odd that his widow was obsessed over ghosts getting her. You think she'd figure that it'd be easier to move to another house, or that they'd get her regardless, or that the fact that ghosts hadn't previously got her would be sufficient proof that it wasn't going to happen

13. BigOleDummy

As I said, the Madness just permeates the place..... seriously. One of the most unsettling places I've ever been to. And I live in Louisville and have been to Waverly Hill's Sanatorium. Its considered "The Most Haunted Place on Earth" btw. Its become "touristy" these days but back in the day (when I went there and partied :redface:, yeah we all did), it was still abandoned and very bleak indeed. Had to climb over a fence then to get in. But I never FELT insanity until I toured the Winchester House.

https://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/

14. neilold

I've never felt insanity. However I have being into a hospice and literally smelt death. I always thought that smelling death was just a saying, until I actually smelt it myself

15. BigOleDummy

Yeah, I've smelled Death too. Way too many times actually. Both violent and natural causes. Watched (from about 20 feet away) as a friend of mine had his throat cut. Someone I didn't know get shot in the head. Car wrecks both here and on the Autobahn. My uncle when they turned his life support off. I've had enough of it, the next death I want to see is my own.

16. neilold

Let's get off this subject, what non horrors are you looking forward to?

17. BigOleDummy

Agreed. Not too many actually, not a huge movie goer preferring to wait until DVD release. I DO want to see Guardians of the Galaxy II at some point soon. As far as new movies ....... Top of my list by far is Deadpool II which I will probably see at a theatre before getting the DVD. Avengers : Infinity War I want to see but will PROBABLY wait until DVD release. Venom, same category. Anything with Woody Harrelson starring.

18. neilold

I'm looking forward to venom myself, but not because I'm a horror fan, but because I like him as a character. It's odd, I don't like comics at all, but I love some of the imaginitve powers comic book characters have. When I watch a comic adaptation movie, it's that that i'm watching for, not the plot, casting or faithfullness

19. neilold

20. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

[​IMG]

Abe and Asclepius like this.