One for neilold

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by BigOleDummy, Jan 6, 2018.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

2. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

3. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Was more interested in the article on the sidebar myself. Leonardo DiCaprio in Tarantino's new film. Not sure about the subject matter, Manson's been done to death, but am awaiting THAT now. Probably be seeing it long before there's another series of Red Dwarf.

4. neilold

I'm a big Tarantino fan, but then again I'm an old movie and exploitation fan, so go figure. There have being a tonne of Manson films, like you said, but his take may be an interesting one. Though from what I've read, its something of a side story to what the main story will be. As for DiCaprio, I'm pretty much indifferent to him.

5. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

I watched “I Spit on Your Grave 2” the other day. What a ghastly film!!!!

BigOleDummy likes this.
  6. neilold

I like it, it's one of the more brutal of the three, she really does deserve the payback she gets, in fact, if anything, she's nowhere near vicious enough. You wanna see part three, that is PURE man hatred, and anyone who thinks i'm a msygonist oughta watch it and then question just why I like it so much. Why did you think it was ghastly ant? Cos it was so horrible a thing to happen, or you just didn't think it was a good story or film?

7. BigOleDummy

Same here, what he does he does the best in the business. Not one movie of his I do not like to one extent or another. Some are "Art", imho.

*SHOCK* :eek: Actually, I was too at first but the more he's worked , the more he's grown as an actor.

8. BigOleDummy

Gotta admit I agree with you there. I didn't really care for the spit on your grave movies either.

DAMN!!!!!! What is the world coming to? I agree with BOTH @Ant E AND @neilold for once! I'm shaken to the core and need more coffee to settle my nerves ................

9. Kittypaws

I have never seen either of the ISOYG movies.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  10. BigOleDummy

Which speaks volumes for your good sense! AND taste!

11. Kittypaws

Or Cannibal Holocaust..! :shake:

12. BigOleDummy

I had never even HEARD of that one until now .......... gee, thanks :-S. Something about cannibal movies just doesn't sit right with me to tell you the truth. I can only watch so much of that before I've had enough. Silence of the Lambs was/is an exception to that rule for me, but then you really never see Hannibal "dining". Did not watch the sequel because I read the book (all of them actually) and I hate how the author had Clarisse joining him at the "meal". I just can't believe that the Clarisse of "Silence" would do that no matter HOW much she was in thrall of Hannibal.

13. Kittypaws

Sorry, dude...! :eek: Seen Silence Of The Lambs. Once. Looked like this: :dead:

14. neilold

Can't believe you've not seen cannibal Holocaust, great, besides the animal violence. I advise you to watch the original isoyg farce kitty, that's the best. Though I like all three sequels to. Specially the hooks through the eyelids in the first. Like I said, the third is the total man hate. There's literally not a single good bloke in it, even the normal men on the streets are portrayed as rapists

15. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Animal violence?!

16. Kittypaws

Exactly - the reason why I won't watch Hannibal Holocaust.

Bit like Apocalypse Now - there's an actual
    animal slaughter
    scene:
    real life bull has its throat slit. Wasn't scripted, but the cameramen asked if they could film it

17. neilold

Coati, turtle, tarantula, constrictor,monkey and pig, no bull. Are you thinking perhaps of appocalypse now? The director of the movie, deodato, has himself criticised it, and rightfully so. Animal cruelty was in a few cannibal movies, and it's the reason i don't watch most of them. You might like green inferno, that's not bad, a modern day cannibal movie, by old Mr hostel himself Eli Roth

18. BigOleDummy

Nahhhhh, I'll pass on the cannibal movies. I've watched a few but as I said earlier, they gross me out more than "scare" me. Been grossed out enough in real life. LOL, now listen to THIS :shake:, having said all that, one of my very favorite genre's of horror movie are (drum roll please........) Zombie movies! But the cannibalistic aspects of "zombies" are secondary to the fact that they are "us" as mindless, soulless nigh unstoppable killing machines imho.

Funny I just re-watched Apocalypse Now a couple of months ago and didn't remember the Bull scene until you mentioned it and after thinking about it for a minute. Yes, that's my least favorite scene in the movie and could have/SHOULD have been edited out imo. Its still one of my favorites though, a powerful movie in more ways than one.

19. neilold

why, in that movie, do they want Brando dead? He's gone off the map and gone rogue. But why the the US army want him assassinated. More so than they'd want anyone else in that war assassinated I mean? I know he has army secrets, but's he's in the middle of nowhere anyway. If they wanted rid of his followers, why not just napalm his place to oblivion? I never got that

20. BigOleDummy

Because Americans delight in killing and its always our first option and solution to every problem? Because letting him stay alive was an insult to the U.S. Army AND government because of what he came to believe? Because he was a master tactician and they feared his involvement? The Montagnards (his people in the movie) were by all accounts some of the most able, most competent soldiers during the Viet Nam war and he was feared because of that?

Ant E likes this.