One for neilold

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by BigOleDummy, Jan 6, 2018.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator Warned

Ahhh, gotcha, that kinda makes sense, guess I couldn't wrap my head around why they were after him in particular, and why he was any more special than anybody else worthy of killing

2. neilold

as for zombie movies. I don't really like them, dawn and day of the dead are pretty good, and I do like the return of the living dead series. Other than that, meh. It seems we are actually quite far apart on our love of certain horror films. I don't even like Freddy when it comes to slasher movies! T'is all cool though, and it makes for lively discussion if nothing else

3. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Well to be honest the Zombie movies HAVE fallen into the cliche' department, most of the better ones now are the parody ones ....... Shawn of the Dead, Zombie Strippers etc. Yeah, I've gotten to where the horror movies that , to me at least, rely on nothing but shock and explicit dismemberment/grossness just don't do it for me. When that trend first started it was kind of cool because : 1 - it hadn't been done before , 2 - the special effects ABILITIES. Now, ....... well its just more of the same old same old. The last one I can really remember WANTING to see was "The Collector" and by the time I'd seen the guy skinned alive and the woman with her mouth sewn shut it was enough for me.

4. neilold

Lol, I remember that. The same is true with all horrors though, as of movies in general, they all collapse into cliches at some point. Especially my favourite type, slashers, they're infamous for it. In the end it boils down to whether your able to forgive the clichés or not, and if it's a type of horror movie you enjoy, then you very often will do

5. BigOleDummy

That's entirely true. Yeah by the end of his run Freddy was nothing but a cliché but I still love em. Same goes , as you say, for just about any genre of movie. Just re-watched Star trek Beyond last night , and while I like it, it was mainly one trope after another. Now I hear Quentin Tarantino will be deeply involved in the next Star Trek movie. I'm really not sure what I think about that honestly. While I like his movies, some of them ALOT, I'm just not sure if he's "right" for Star Trek. I mean....... I like baked beans and I like strawberry ice cream but not together if you get my drift.

6. neilold

Yes,i can't imagine the captain of the enterprise saying 'freeze mother fxxxker', the popping a cap in some klingon's arse

7. BigOleDummy

[​IMG] That's good!

8. neilold