out of ideas????

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, May 17, 2017.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

when out of time first aired what did you think had actually happened at the end? I remember the one thing I definitely thought hadn't happened was their future selves had killed themselves. My logic being that if they did, they'd never exist to do so. I actually thought it was an unreality pocket, and it'd turn out that the rest of the episode was an illusion after that was revealed. Which, would probably have being the easiest and coolest thing to do in the long run! I also pondered that they'd just killed there future selves, hence the explosion.

Did u decide on a theorem and stick to it, not really even bother fathoming it and wait for a new series, assume there would be no more series', have multiple theorems, or something else?

2. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

I thought it was for the reason it turned out to be.

3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

I thought it was the other ship exploding.

4. Ant E

Regardless, the series 6 ending is by far one of the best cliffhangers in British TV history... given how long it took to resolve.

Abe likes this.
  5. neilold

yes its an ending that truelly earned it's place on my 'my only friend, the end' thread, having both intrigued me and infuriated me thoroughly for a sustained period. I like the kryten 102001 pic. I've never seen that before, or heard that synopsis. If anything it sounds even cooler than the one they did do. Although it would probably have being slated for being another 'backwards'. I do wonder how they would have done them dead though! What I mean is there'd be not much dialogue during that part of the episode! I also wonder if dead kryten would just be him intact with his eyes clothes. It'd being funny if they had him as an aerofix kit in his original frame inside a giant aerofix box with his picture on the front of it

6. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

I've never seen this pic before..! :eek:

7. neilold

I've seen the 'dull' explanation for what happened at the start of series 7 a hundred times, and I still cant get it. I would love an actual simple explanation for it

8. Ant E

So, imagine you from say ten years in the future used a time machine to come back into the past. Future you (being as equally insane and deranged as present you - no offence) decides to blow your brains out with a gun.

So future you has killed present you.

However, if present you dies... you can't grow up to be the future you and come back and kill yourself. Therefore it writes itself out on the time line.

It could be a fun game if time travel ever existed. Kill yourself... and then come back to life!!!

9. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Maybe the Professor from the Future can help us. When is he at the moment? :-p

10. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I've definitely seen that picture from a different angle I'm sure of it.

11. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

Wow, never seen that picture before! That's a bit freaky. I'd love to know where it originated - I mean, someone went to a lot of trouble in setting that up, there must be a good reason behind it.

Anyway, the ending of Out of Time? Same as Neil, I was certain it was an unreality bubble. I even thought I'd identified where they entered it - just after Lister says 'our future selves are attacking us', there's a similar jolt effect. Shame they didn't go with the original ending, I still think it would have been much better to let Rimmer be the hero for once.

12. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

What's with Rimmer's hologrammatic skeleton?

Asclepius likes this.
  13. neilold

thanks ant-e. I totally get it now. However I stil don't get that Lister and the crew know what happened then. If that 'time line' was effectively wiped out, then logically it wouldn't happen, or that particular crew would experience every single time line and effect.

I thought the same as Callisto, regarding the moment it happened. I will have to rewatch the episode to see if that was intentionally left in for that reason and then forgotten about. Or that particular one makes sense in the structure of what actually happened