Paranormal experiences - have you had any?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by R.I.P. 2000, Oct 2, 2017.

1. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

I've had a pretty spooky Mandela effect. For years, I was convinced that I'd seen the last ever episode of the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon; later in life I learned they never made one, so just shrugged it off and guessed I must've dreamed it.

However, there was an urban myth doing the rounds that they planned to end with a fire-and-brimstone, evangelical Christian finale, where it turned out the heroes were sinners who'd died and were now in hell. One of the writers emerged to refute this; he said they did write a final episode, which was nothing to do with that. To prove it, he posted a copy of the script for the unmade episode.

I scrolled to the end out of curiosity, and the final scene was exactly what I remembered seeing. If they never made or broadcast the episode... what the hell?!

I also saw a ghost once.

How about you? Have you ever had a paranormal experience, and what was it?

2. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

I've seen ghosts and had sundry experiences with ritual magic which could be explained as magic actually working. It was a much earlier time in my life that I rarely give much thought to these days. I'm pretty sceptical now, in as much as I think there are phenomena currently outside the limits of science, but I tend not to assume the explanations handed down to us by tradition. For example, outside of fiction, very few ghost accounts are unambiguously suggestive of survival beyond death.

I'm jealous you got to see the unmade final episode of Dungeons & Dragons. An alternate reality leaking through, perhaps?

R.I.P. 2000 likes this.
  3. Pumpkinikki

Pumpkinikki Console Officer

>be me
    >be about 15
    >be walking innawoods
    >hear a noise
    >sounds like a clap
    >unsure what to do
    >clap back
    >hear another noise
    >sounds like a stomp
    >stomp back
    >hear two stomps this time
    >stomp back two times
    >hear a voice
    >can't make it out
    >listen closely
    >"Cha cha real smooth"
    >then a skeleton pops out
    >2spooky5me

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  4. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

I think the thread would benefit from some anecdotes!

5. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

I really hesitate to relate this as I don't really believe in "paranormal" phenomena but this is something that happened to me.
    I had been in the carnival business about....... oh....... 6 or 7 years when I tried my hand as an owner for the first time. I started with WAY too little capital and consequently about halfway through the Spring I ran out of money for Motels. I was set up on a show in Muscle Shoals, Alabama at this time..... early May/last of April maybe. It had been a rainy and very cool spring which lead to my money woes at the time. Anyway, because of my extremely limited funds I set up house so to speak, in the back of my stock truck. All the joints I owned (joints = games), were up in the air on the midway so I had a folding lawn chair (the long kind) sitting in the middle rack. I used that for my bed along with a space heater, plugged in with an extension cord running to the 24 hour power box. It got COLD there that spring! On that lawn chair I had a sleeping bag and slept there. I had put a night wall (the canvas part of a joint that wrap's around the sides of the game) from the top rack to make a sorta wall to keep the heat in. It worked o.k. but I still had to have a down(ish) blanket over the sleeping bag to keep warm. Along with that electric space heater remember. Went to bed after another blank day, turned on that heater, pulled the blanket over the sleeping bag and went to sleep.

Now, the space I was sleeping in was approx. 4 and a half feet wide x 16 ft. long and with the canvas "roof" and walls about 5 feet high. In that space was the lawn chair, me and the heater and my baggage etc. Not a lot of room. Oh, almost forgot I also (duh) had the back to the box truck rolled down. I had been asleep for .... who knows... a couple of hours when I started dreaming about my Mother. She was screaming at me to get up! Get Up! I could "see" her plain as day, Get Up Scott Get UP!!!! Well, it startled me I guess but whatever it was it woke me up. To a choking billowing mass of smoke from where my down(ish) blanket had fallen on that heater grill. The smoke was so think I couldn't see or breathe. I rolled off the rack and crawled to the roll up door and barely had the strength to shove it up and open. I dropped to the mud and just lay there gasping for breath. O.K. flash forward a couple of months, I'm passing through Kentucky on my way to Detroit so stopped in to see my Ma. Told her this story and she went white as a ghost AND THEN proceeded to tell me this.(Now, my Ma is a crazily devout Christian, wouldn't lie to save her soul.)At that same time , that I was choking to death with the poisonous smoke, SHE had dreamed that I was in a FIRE and couldn't get out. She screamed for me to get out but lost me in the smoke and flame. To this day she believes that she came to me in my dreams that night and saved my life. I honestly cannot refute that either. And I don't believe in that stuff.
    I should add that she described "where" she saw me, "in a dark place with soft walls". And that down(ish) blankets don't really burn, they smolder hence the over abundance of smoke.

I do have another story like that if anyone wants to hear it. Its a guardian angel type of story. And NO I don't believe in those either, but have no idea what saved me.

Cruel Slayer likes this.
  6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Fascinating story, Dummy. And yes I'd like to hear the other story too.

7. BigOleMummy

Well....... it too is kind of long so it may take a minute, but here goes.

8. BigOleMummy

I was in Germany in the Army. (Kaiserslautern) It must have been 78/79 not sure, its been awhile lol. I drove trucks there (actually have a good story about THAT too but its just funny not strange). My Battalion was "honored" to be picked for doing the Nijmegen march thing. It was a march commemorating Operation Market Garden with all the NATO members sending teams. (the movie A Bridge Too Far was about the actual military operation.) We marched 25 miles a day with a 50lb pack (filled with sand!) for speed. Well, my friends talked me into doing this. Lol, they just wanted the extra two weeks "free" leave we got when it was over. I was late signing up, but got in as an alternate in case one of the actual team got sick or couldn't go for whatever reason. We trained and trained, walking all around every stinking road and up and down every hill around K-town. After we got pretty good (we THOUGHT! lol) Lt. Lashaway took us to Garmish - Partenkirchen to "relax" and train some more. The U.S. Army has/had a sorta get-a-way there for military people. Plus its a major ski area for .... everyone I guess lol. Winter Olympics there once. Anyway, it was summer so no skiing but we marched UP those damn ski runs every freaking day there!!!!! Well, almost every day. WE did get "off" days, and one of those we had to ....... find our way to the top..... of one of the mountains there without using the path/walkways. Now, I'm from Colorado originally so climbing those mountains really wasn't a big deal to me. But we had to stick together , supposedly, because we were a team you know. So ...... climb and walk, climb..... now.... I don't know how to say this delicately ....... but I kinda hung back little by little because I wanted a little alone time to ......errrr, hmmmmmm, commune with nature shall we say. Yeah, I was still a Hippy at heart then but no matter.

As I mentioned we could not use the PAVED path on the way up but had to find our way through the rocks and dirt etc. on the opposite side of the main way up. I had hung back and was totally out of sight of every else and could barely hear them in fact. Got to a place on this dirt walkway between some boulders and there in front of me was a crevice .... oh about 3 1/2 foot wide maybe a little more. Easily jumpable. What I didn't count on was being the last of us to jump over this. The ground was beat up pretty bad from everyone else. When I hit the other side, the dirt gave way beneath my feet and I fell through. I'm probably 4 to 6 thousand feet up now remember, and I'm hanging there by my fingers. My fingers are in the dirt up to my second knuckle and I could feel the dirt crumbling as my fingers drug through it. I KNEW I was dead. Seriously, I knew it. I wasn't even "scared" I just knew. I looked over my shoulder to the valley off my left side and remember thinking "well, this is a beautiful place to die". The next thing I can consciously remember is laying on my back, head to the crevice, looking at the sky on the far side of this crevice. THE ONLY logical explanation is that I pivoted ON MY FINGERTIPS in a full flip to be where I was. Needless to say, that's impossible. I didn't think all that much about it at the time..... I had to rejoin my team you understand and that was paramount in my thinking. But after I related it to a few (trusted) friends every single one of them said either I was a liar, which I'm not, or that my "guardian angel" has looked after me. To this day I cannot explain to my satisfaction how I got out of that mess. Of course my Ma, and both Sisters say it was divine intervention (guardian angel) I don't believe in that kind of thing but to this day I think about what happened to me there. And I still can't explain it.

Cruel Slayer, FeeBee and Bluey like this.
  9. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I've had a few, this one I didn't think was paranormal at the time.

When I first moved into the house I am now in I frequently saw a man and a woman outside one of the houses I drove past everyday. I'd see the man gardening or checking the mail, standing near the woman having a conversation. Sometime I'd see him alone bit not very often. I'd always wave to the two of them when I drove past.

About 6 months after I moved in I noticed he wasn't around anymore and told dad I thought he'd passed away.

It was a couple of years after that I started talking to the lady who lives in that house. I saw a photo of her husband and mentioned how I used to wave to him whenever he was in the garden which she told me was impossile because he died months before I moved in and had been house bound in and out of hospital even longer then that.

I guess its possible it was someone else I was seeing. The photo of her husband look like the man I waved to.

I have other experiences as well this is the most recent and clearest one.

10. squeal mold

squeal mold Flight Co-Ordinator

These stories sound like horror movie scripts! I had one in which I talked to someone when I was out in town one day. He was telling me how happy he was, a few days later I found out he had died a few months previously.

There were also endless stories when I was a kid of pictures crying, especially those virgin Mary ones you saw everywhere

11. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

I was in manchester a few years back. At this red dwarf meet up. Not really that paranormal but it felt like a grave yard (especially when the raffle was announced)

Pumpkinikki and BigOleMummy like this.
  12. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Weren't you told to stop making jokes about that?

FeeBee likes this.
  13. squeal mold

squeal mold Flight Co-Ordinator

I think those pictures were actually considered unlucky to because of that reason. People were always crying in pictures when I was a kid, there were the crying clowns, that little boy in a blue jacket done up like little lord faulteroy crying, and that little girl lying in bed crying, where her little jack Russell was on the bed with her

14. Ant the Dragon

Ah the MODY-GUARD is back!

Considering @kry102001 doesnt use the forum anymore I assumed the rule was now over.

Although your post begs one important question;

How is it any of your business??

15. BigOleMummy

16. Ant the Dragon

You’re right. Once again your partner in crime Bluey has derailed yet another thread

Pumpkinikki likes this.
  17. BigOleMummy

To TRY to get this thread back to what it was intended for....... sorta lol. I stopped by my Sisters house today while out running to a couple of appointments. She's always been into the paranormal stuff to an extent but as I was there she showed me her new Crystal Ball. I knew she had one, but when we went into her office/workroom there must have been TEN of them. She's already turning into the stereotypical "cat lady" has 7 that live in the house and 4 or 5 more outdoor ones Now I like cats, but............... Anyway, my Brother in law's health hasn't been all that great for a few years now and I'm really starting to worry about her. She already "talks" to Jamie, our dead baby brother but the sight of all those crystal balls kinda sent a chill down my spine.

FeeBee likes this.
  18. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

When I was very little and used to visit my Nans house I have a fairly vivid memory of an old guy who used to push around a wooden crate filled with apples on the road outside. One time I had a nightmare that he had 'kidnapped' me and put me in the crate, I even remember the nightmare really well, though not so much how I felt.

Anyway several years later, when I was a young adult, the family were reminiscing about the past and I happened to mention this guy. Anyway everyone, my nan, sister, mum, aunties etc who were there had no idea who I was talking about and had no memory of him. My mum pointed out that people weren't pushing around wooden crates of apples in the late 80's, early 90's.

I have no idea where the (likely) false memory of that guy and the dream came from but its kinda freaky.

19. Ant the Dragon

The professor from the future did this

Dismembers and Pumpkinikki like this.
  20. BigOleMummy

This Guy?
    [​IMG]