Paranormal experiences - have you had any?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by R.I.P. 2000, Oct 2, 2017.

1. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

What are you doing in here? Go WATCH that movie I told you about! (there's even a couple scary scenes in it I promise!)

2. squeal mold

squeal mold Flight Co-Ordinator

I've just watched water for elephants. It was ok,not great, not terrible, I can see why as an ex carnie it would mean more to you though.

3. BigOleMummy

*whew*! Well, there you go , something we BOTH agree was astoundin... Man wait,? Whaaa errrrrr, "ok"? o....k....? LOWER CASE ok? You ...... you .... you'd have left that old man standing in the rain, wouldn't you? ;-)!?

4. Pumpkinikki

Pumpkinikki Console Officer

Does anyone remember a weird number you could call from a phonebox and this strange monotonous woman's voice would say "Help me, help me. Susie's dying" over and over? I remember in the 90's when I was very little, (about 7 I guess?) one of my older brother's friends saying about it, but we didn't believe him. So he offered to show us.

So about 4/5 of us kinda piled into the phone box, he dialled the number (very simple number I think) and then gave the receiver to my brother who was all "Woah!" then shoved it at me/my friend. I distinctly remember the woman's cold flat voice saying that and I screamed and ran away, followed by the others. It was probably only me and my friend who was also little that was screaming, but it felt like everyone was running and screaming.

I recently remembered this and decided to do a google search to see if I could find any details on it. I assumed it was some kind of recording that was used to test signals or something. But all the info I could find on it (and there wasn't much) was other people who had had similar experiences with it but had never been able to find out what it was.

I asked my brother recently if he remembered it and he said he vaguely did, but thought it was "someone's" rather than "Susie", which makes me wonder if perhaps we just all heard what had been suggested to us? Which had been spread as a kinda urban legend among kids at that time?

It was creepy to find other people had had the same experience though. Nobody here remembers this sort of thing at all do they?

5. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I've heard of stories like this on youtube but have never experienced it myself.

6. squeal mold

I've heard about that as an urban legend. Only in the version I heard, the kid that dials finds out a day or two later that his aunt, 'who's name matches the one on the phone', has died suddenly.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  7. squeal mold

first the Freddie movies, now this one big old! awwwwwwww, I'm about as mean to your favourite movies as its possible for me to be!!!!

BigOleMummy likes this.
  8. squeal mold

regarding my avatar, have you actually seen the movie 'this is England' I can wholly recommend it, as a yank you will see exactly how life was for me and many others growing up in 80s England.

9. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

One time I thought a lot of ghosts were chasing me. But it turned out to be a bunch of Kly Klux Klan members. I had just recently bought a Dr Dre album and they took offense to this. They caught me and beat me to death. Then I came back as a ghost and started posting on the forum. So what started as a paranormal misunderstanding ended with me being a ghost and actually becoming paranormal.

(Disclaimer: Story is fictional)

10. Pumpkinikki

Pumpkinikki Console Officer

2spooky5me

11. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

It scared me even just typing it TBH.

12. BigOleMummy

13. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

Whoa give some warning before you post spookery like that. I just plopped me pants.

14. BigOleMummy

Personally....... thinking your poor opinion of ME colored your movie enjoyment...... ;-) Hesitate to mention any other of my favorites now......... Cause if you said Casablanca" was just ok, why...... I'd be swimming over there to have a talk.

15. BigOleMummy

Tis October, my young English fiend! Things pop in and out of perception very quickly this time of year......... bwahhh, ahhhh, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

16. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I am from Ireland

Pumpkinikki likes this.
  17. BigOleMummy

Tis October THEN, my young IRISH fiend! Things pop in and out of perception very quickly this time of year!...... bwahhhAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa!

Pumpkinikki and Shroud like this.
  18. squeal mold

Well prepare to cross the pond then in your tight Speedos,because my opinion of Casablanca Is that it's ok! well that's a lie, it's a good movie, but I personally wouldn't put it as bogeys best

19. BigOleMummy

[​IMG] ALMOST had me going there...........

And there you go. Do you watch Futurama ? Leela tell s Frye at one point " You need to end your talking one sentence earlier"....... words of wisdom indeed. :lol:

20. squeal mold

Yes, I love futurama, especially zoidberg

Zombie Smurf likes this.