Paranormal experiences - have you had any?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by R.I.P. 2000, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Abe but more Halloween themed

Abe but more Halloween themed Deck Sergeant

Are you zoidberg?

2. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

See? Proved my point right there. "Yes, I love futurama" :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:!, But THEN...... you added ", especially zoidberg" :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::picard:. Listen to Leela ....... please.
    [​IMG]

3. squeal mold

squeal mold Flight Co-Ordinator

That pic on here of the bald head with the face plant always reminds me of the professor from futurama

4. BigOleMummy

He's my main avatar on my Tech sites.

5. squeal mold

Well I still prefer zoidberg

FeeBee likes this.
  6. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I had a dream last night I was sitting with Nikki, She was telling me things. She has just told me she had a dream about me sitting with her, telling me things

Pumpkinikki likes this.
  7. Pumpkinikki

Pumpkinikki Console Officer

I had a dream last night that I was just sitting with Cloud, telling him things. He has just told me he had a dream about me sitting with him, telling him things

Shroud and BigOleMummy like this.
  8. Pumpkinikki

OMG AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Shroud and BigOleMummy like this.
  9. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

Pure
    SPOOK

Pumpkinikki likes this.
  10. BigOleMummy

[​IMG]
    Bender rules by all sane methods of measurement.
    Obviously.

11. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

Haven't had any paranormal experiences lately, but I've certainly had a new Brompton.

12. Pumpkinikki

I thought I heard a ghost, but it was just me yawning.

Shroud likes this.
  13. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I thought I saw a horrible ghost once. Turned out to just be someones boring old mum

Pumpkinikki likes this.
  14. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I'm not sure if this one counts as paranormal or it if should be in the dream thread, but I woke up to someone shouting in my ear "You've been scammed." At the top of their lungs. My ear hurt like someone had really shouted in it when I woke up. I got up to check that no one was in my house. No one else was in my room or house since I lived alone and didn't have close neighbours. I'm not even sure if I had my eldest cat yet at that point. I really had been scammed. I'd paid for a large purchase on ebay two days beforehand and it had really good reviews on that account when I made my purchase a few more days after getting woken up by that voice in the middle of the night reviews about not getting items or refunds started coming through. The guy ended up getting arrested for fraud and I had a few months that I was talking to the police about my purchase and took three years for everything to go through court. I did eventually get my money back which really surprised me. It didn't feel like dream.

BigOleMummy likes this.
  15. BigOleMummy

Those are the ones I don't like. Had a few to where I woke so suddenly it was like just "changing location" instantly, quite disorientating.

FeeBee likes this.
  16. BigOleMummy

Well, its getting closer to Halloween so .................. I've had one other "experience" than the two I've already shared. I hesitate to actually call it a "paranormal" experience because there are other viable explanations, but it was truly frightening for me.
    So......... I was working a second shift job at this machine shop in Louisville. I got off work at 1 am and since the busses quit running at midnight I rode a bike home. (Bicycle) It was only 11 miles and since it was so late there was very little traffic most of the time. I did stay off the main roads for the most part too, cutting through the University of Louisville and on through Old Louisville. (a very cool section of town, where all the rich people lived back in the 1800's/early 1900's) Anyway, once I got downtown I'd cross the river on the Second street bridge and cut through "downtown" Jeffersonville to my apartment on the other side of town.

Now........ a little history is in order here. Back in the 20's Jeffersonville was a Haven for bootleggers, gambling, prostitution etc. The mob OWNED the town back then. (I've been in a home down on River road that had wall's on hinges to hide the speakeasy/brothel behind.) In other words Jeff was truly a mini Chicago back then, and still has a local reputation of .......... unseemliness I suppose is the way to say it. Its getting more trendy these days but still .......... the "good" people around here tend to look down their nose at it. A very violent place back in the day all around.

O.K. back to my story. Once I got over the bridge I would ride down Court street, past the (yes) Courthouse to Penn St. then take Sassafras to Graham past the cemetery to 8th and follow the cemetery on down to Crestview where I picked up 10th and on to my apartment. Sorry for the detailed itinerary but its kind of important to the story. Now, the whole neighborhood in that area ,Sassafras/Graham/Crestview and south to the river, was where the Gangsters lived and did business. The cemetery was where the bodies were dumped. (Its pretty big and almost park like) A lot of sorrow and fear is/was associated with that neighborhood. Surrounding the cemetery are homes as befitting any town and most of them date from that era. Gangster homes let me repeat. Anyway, it would take me about an hour and a half to get from my job in Louisville to my home in Jeff. So I'm guessing this occurred around two-ish in the morning. It was a still cool night, and I had just made my turn off Sassafras onto Graham when in my peripheral vision something ZOOMED towards me. You know how your mind will race when you're startled, well in the fraction of a second it took me to turn my head I was thinking ... a Car! I'm going to get hit! But when I turned my head I saw ......... something. It was like a think mist, transparently gray, vaguely humanoid in shape with two empty spaces where the eyes should be. Floating a few feet off the ground and coming at me extremely fast. I mean FAST. No sound. The emptiness of the "eyes" was like nothing I had ever seen before or since. I had a feeling of dread and .......... well emptiness is the only word there is for it. I FELT the nothingness that was there. I swerved my bike and hit the curb of the road which caused me to wreck, and I jumped up to run. Looked around and there was nothing there. Nothing.

Now all that happened in less time than it takes to say it, much less write it. Two/Three seconds tops. (a second is longer than you realize actually) and there are any number of rational explanations I suppose but I was terrified like I have never been scared before or since. Not even when I was hanging by my fingertips off that mountain in Germany. I felt the ........................................ abyss that was coming at me. I FELT IT!!! I'm getting a chill just relating it now in fact :redface:. It "could" have been a car lights reflections somehow I guess or my tired body and brain just messing with me. But the fact is, I can't explain what it was. I was in the road so there was really nothing there for a car lights to reflect off of even if there was a car on the block. Which there wasn't by the way. It "could" have been a patch of fog I suppose, but it was a clear night. But....... over-worked brain/body or fog/mist or random reflection on nothing , I had an all encompassing feeling of .......loss .....of ....... space I guess ......of a deep pit of nothingness when I saw that whatever it was. I hope to never feel the emotional blankness, the void if you will that I felt that night when I saw that thing ever again.

FeeBee likes this.
  17. squeal mold

you watch too many horrors big old! A lot of us over here frequently see a void of emotional blackness, we call him the rent man

BigOleMummy likes this.
  18. BigOleMummy

Imagine that ......... being told by @squeal mold that I watch TOO MANY horror movies! :-D I tell you though, I get a weird feeling every time I think of it.

FeeBee likes this.
  19. squeal mold

Hypocrisy thy name is neil old!

FeeBee likes this.
  20. BigOleMummy

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Seriously though, I have never felt such ..... hopelessness and ....... nothingness as when that "thing" was coming towards me. Totally silent too which I think made it worse.