Pinkles Squirmy

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by OurJud, May 28, 2016.

1. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Does anyone know why the script for Rimmer's Space Scouts salute from Queeg differs from the episode.

Assuming it's entirely fictitious, and that the scripts here are not official, it seems odd that they should be so different.

According to the script, Rimmer says, "Pinkles Squirmy Flib Flab Flubber."

When in the episodes he says, "Pinkles Squirmy Blib Blab Blab."

2. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

Actually sounds like he says 'Pinkle (singular) squirmy blib, blab, blub' to me.

As for why homepages.nildram.co.uk has a completely different version I'd say its one of the following.

1. They were deliberately fed false info to make them look stupid.
    2. The person who submitted the script had bad hearing.
    3. Autocorrect.

3. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

I think you're correct with the singular 'Pinkle', but it def sounds like 'Blib Blab Blab' to me, although 'Blib Blab Blub' does seem more logical in a ridiculous sort of way.

4. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

For starters, I think it's actually "blip, blap, blap".

Secondly, the script also has "surviving on wild berries and things," when it's "wild berries and rainwater" in the episode.

"Flib flab flubber" is an odd error because the audio is very clear. A couple of possibilities spring to mind. Perhaps:

- The text was based on an official source (say a copy of the shooting script) and Chris Barrie tried some variations on the night. Maybe he kept tripping over "flib, flab, flubber"?

- The transcriber introduced a deliberate (minor) error as a sort of "watermark", to stop it being reposted elsewhere?

5. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

If I remember rightly this was referenced in Universe Challenge and the question stated it was spelt with a P. But I've not watched that in a long time!

6. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Stated that what was spelt with a P?

7. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

Presumably "blip", "blap", or both.

8. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

9. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

"Flib flab flubber" is definitely wrong, but the scripts on that site - while incredibly useful (I've used them for quick reference many times!) - should not be taken as any kind of definitive statement, as they're merely fan-written transcripts.

For what it's worth - although I don't think they're officially GNP-created - the closed captions on both Netflix and Google Play have it as "blip blap blap". I've always thought of it as "blib blab blob", but there you go.

10. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant