Please be Proper red dwarf again

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jaybo1973, Mar 29, 2009.

1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

Hi guys

long time fan here. Caught red dwarf from season 2 (my favoutite season) first time round and fell in love with it. Although starting with season 3, every season made big changes, it was always great until season 6. Season 7 and 8 didn't feel like red dwarf to me at all and although ill probably get slated for saying it, I didnt like the kachanski character; it went against what red dwarf is.

Anyway, back on topic; Will the changes be so great in the new episodes that it will be un recognisable as Red Dwarf? I really want to look forward to the new shows but am affraid of dissapointment again.

2. theRiveriaKid

theRiveriaKid Skutter

I feel exactly the same. I too am a massive red dwarf fan however what I loved about the show was it was the commadre between these four individuals who were thrown together in the middle of deep space with no other human in sight. I felt the show lost that unique edge when the brought back other members of the crew. Even now I can't bring myself to rake out season 8 and give it another bash.

3. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

As you already know, the resurected crew, nor being stuck on Starbug isn't around in these new specials, and that, apart from one guest character, it's just the four guys. ChloƩ isn't even in it.

I think we should give it a chance.

4. h3lter

h3lter Second Technician

god i get bored of people moanin about series 7 and 8! its red dwarf! ever thought it stopped ten years ago cus of the moanin back then?

i dont care what it it as long as its got the old cast its red and its back on my tv screen

5. doggett

doggett Second Technician

I'm just hoping they don't brake the 4th wall.
    That would be taking the smeg.

6. bentleyma

bentleyma Skutter

I think series VI and VII are some of the best Red Dwarf episodes. Series VIII is where it went downhill.