Poll: What Next?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RedDwarffan2982, May 3, 2009.

1. littlesmegger

littlesmegger Third Technician

Well as pointed out by Smeg4Brains over at G&T, he asked LLewellyn on Twitter with a link to the G&T thread and he said: “ooooh. Love a bit of mystery, but can honestly say I’ve heard nothing official.”

But as I said as a reply, he hasn’t HEARD anything, doesn’t mean he hasn’t SAID anything. Just perhaps means the people over on this site haven't confirmed it themselves. All speculation of course but it's a possibility :lol:

2. jacksolomonsmith

jacksolomonsmith First Technician

Hmmm, seems dodgy to me, seeing as how it removed it was either a top secret cover-up, or more likely, a lie.
    If Bobby says he hasn't heard anything: He hasn't heard anything. Or has he?

3. jacksolomonsmith

I can't help but grin from ear to ear, my heart is about to implode.

4. johna1905

johna1905 Second Technician

Would have to be #2 for me, full series of 8 or 10, 40 - 45 min episodes, and an xmas special, Or if money was a big issuse 6 40 - 45 min epsiodes, not beeing greedy lol

5. jacksolomonsmith

Robert is still saying that nothing was said at the convention.

6. johna1905

Lol just being reading the rest of the post's in this thread, i knew this would happen, if we are going to get a new series of 6 episodes they have to be 40 - 45 min episodes don't think it work other wise. What do you think ?

7. johna1905

He got his arsed kicked for letting out secrets for BTE didn't he, Probs been told to keep quiet

8. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

The others mostly* worked fine at 30 minutes.

*I say 'mostly' because I think Gunmen of the Apocalypse could have used a few more minutes. The defeat of the simulant ship seemed a little to easy even taking into account their arrogance and the fact they were taken unawares. It's still a favourite episode of mine though, and totally understandable considering the circumstances.

9. johna1905

Yes but that was then. It's now more a Comedy drama and with ads. I think the stories would be too rushed in a 23 min episode

10. johna1905

Something after back to earth, some thing with the same feel as bte, the search for KK and the adventures leading to it would be good for a start.

11. jacksolomonsmith

As far as tone and vision, i think that's just something Doug will control and i don't care that much and it will hopefully be good.
    Back To earth added lots to the canon so, it would hopefully be set after BTE, i wouldn't want flashbacks or anything really.

12. johna1905

And by the sounds of it we ain't gonna get normans holly in red dwarf anymore, according to dougs com on BTE, not sure if this has been mentioned before sorry if it has.

13. jacksolomonsmith

i have heard of that, is it paticulary bad?

14. johna1905

Nope lol. Just get hattie in or no holly at all.

Nearly finished the BTE doug Commentary and doug says he is convinced you can not make a stand alone episode in 23 mins, So if we are getting a new series i think he will be gunning all he can for 40 - 45 mins. Bring it on!!

15. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I was thinking more of the minutes of episode footage rather than the total time including adverts.

I agree, a 45 minute overall would be better taking adverts into account. It depends a lot on what nature the episodes take though. I.e. are they all stand alone? Muli-part stories, etc.

16. 2X4BJerky

2X4BJerky Skutter

In my opinion, I hope Doug comes to his senses and creates more episodes. He probably would have seen the high ratings for BTE and therefore couldn't keep the Dwarfers in suspenders!
    Also, use the original comedy, series 7 and 8 were mostly sit-com types of comedy/drama, but the originals contained pure gold...bring back the cheesyness.....we love it!!!

17. steff85

steff85 Second Technician

2 or 3. really want a new series, but imagine watching the film in the cinema :O i would live in the cinema for a week.

18. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

30 minute standalone episodes excluding the time necessary for adverts. Material and plotlines written the same way as series 3-6 with a bit of 2 thrown in. I see no reason why 30 minute episodes can't be written and be full of twists and laughs. I remember when series 2 first aired, 1 complete story in less than 30 minutes, leaving me wishing my life away for the totally different story the following week.
    I also enjoyed 7 and to a lesser extent 8. I'm sure Doug can pull this off but will respect his choice in whatever direction he wishes to take it. After all it's his baby at the end of the day.

19. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

Option 2, preferably an eight episode series but six if the budget doesn't allow. It should have a feel of its own, paying testament to all eight series but not trying to be any of them.

20. Red_Dwarf_Heroes_Lost_Fan

Red_Dwarf_Heroes_Lost_Fan Supply Officer

3,000,000 years into deep space. (otherwise, Dubli
    I want a new series. *everything still crossed!*, but if not, movie in cinemas, then made for TV movie, then specials. Definately not end with BTE!! We need more!