Positive Red Dwarf Petiton

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mr2mr2mr2, Apr 12, 2009.

1. mr2mr2mr2

mr2mr2mr2 Skutter

Bring the Guys Back.

Ok, so BTE wasn't a classic, but it was never going to be. So many years off our screens demanded a recap.

With clever writing, new situations (helped by Dave bring new visual locations to Red Dwarf the Ship) and possibly bring back Rob Grant and some of the original crew, Red Dwarf could rise again in a slightly different way.

This is a Positive Petition to bring back Red Dwarf.

Please, Please bring back Red Dwarf. Dave are you listening??

2. mr2mr2mr2

mr2mr2mr2 Skutter

First off, with so long away from our screens it was always likely that storyline was going to be more important than gags. Yes the gags were too few and yes the episodes weren't classics. But so what, they were never going to be.

I have to say that after watching all three episodes I was feeling like the guys had never been away. I hope Dave picks up a series or two because I would watch them every week (and buy the dvds).

If Dave does go ahead with this (which I hope they do) I'd like to see the guys in new terrible situations and the fact that Dave themselves have expanded the Red Dwarf ship visually gives rise to new storylines.

However, I would like to see more of the original crew and Rob Grant involved in future.
    Overall, Thumbs up Dave - Good Job.
    More
    More
    More
    More

3. SophieMadeOfStars

SophieMadeOfStars Skutter

i loved the specials.

MORE

4. doggett

doggett Second Technician

5. fluffz

fluffz Skutter

It is awesome! so much can be done now, amazing new look to red dwarf too. all the guys loved making it also

(check out rob rob llewellyn's carpool interviews)

cant wait for a full series !!! WOO HOO!!! :P

6. Earl

Earl Skutter

more Red Dwarf !:-D

7. alyd23

alyd23 Skutter

lol
    :-D

But yes, more please 8)

8. grownsomuch09

grownsomuch09 Third Technician

wow...the end just made my day! It ended up to be just what most of us thought it was going to be...and kept our EASTER SUNDAY FAITH together! This special Rocked! it was a touching last episode ~ can't wait to see the extended versions on DVD!!! that's all that was missing ~ it seemed just too quick in running time.

but now we have two directions to go!!! AHHH!!! Backwards or forwards??? Can they both be done??? Will there be a 9th & 10th series coming out??? or will we continue here on and let Dave find his girl? or maybe neither...

Every Red Dwarf fan out there should buy this BTE special DVD set. Why? Cause they need money ~ it's the only point of this ~ and they figured it would be an easy sell...cause it's red dwarf and all they had to do was produce three episodes!

9. aweaver

aweaver Skutter

The episodes were classics, they were not intended for just humour, they had to tell a story and they had to be serious. The actual new series would be on the lines of the old series.

10. FelisSapiens

FelisSapiens Third Technician

I agree..a come back had to be more about plot than laughs though it still had great one liners...I still loved it. Bring it back !

11. RimmersLeftNostril

RimmersLeftNostril Third Technician

This show being permanantly cancelled would be like losing a limb!

More!!

12. SXWolfgang

SXWolfgang Third Technician

We Want more!!!

Boys in the Dwarf :-D

13. Colonel_Claus_von_Stauffenberg

Colonel_Claus_von_Stauffenberg Skutter

have to say......
    i loved it, i knew straight away what the story was going to pan out like it was obvious, but i still enjoyed every momment, it was superb, the magic is still there, i can see the story know, earth isnt there only mission, its to find Kochanski, they have to reboot and make a few more series because these 3 specials will generate so many dvd sales therefore making money to pump in to make more series( look at family guy, that's only back on our screens because of dvd sales ) and if they get money from bbc/dave, we could be onto a winner. i was quite happy to see red dwarf in a 3d rather than the side view, gave it a fresh look,and was happy not to hear an audience telling me when i should laugh( canned laughter), so many possibility's for this show, i just hope they make more, lets face it theres crap on tv these days, and for the person moaning about introducing new characters, try watching all of the specials before make a ridiculous comment.

loved the specials bring on more please

14. johnhether

johnhether Skutter

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81568169055

Join the groupe and show your support for more series.

Thanks in advance :lol:

15. BRIJcnt

BRIJcnt Skutter

This 3 parter was something very special, I love it. I think it's better than most of the crappy shows TV are playing right now. I haved loved red dwarf since 91 and I knew it was going to be different. But I think it's a good kind of different, for starters, I love the fact that there is no laugh track, I can laugh at what I think is funny without being told to. The effects are brilliant also. And I believe people think the acting isnt very good is because we havent got the laugh track playing in between jokes. If you want a laugh track, laugh at it yourself.

But like I said I love this and I really wanna see moe, with or without Rob Grant

16. BRIJcnt

BRIJcnt Skutter

Consider it done :-D

17. thedrocks

thedrocks Third Technician

More!!
    Back to earth was awesome!

18. thedrocks

thedrocks Third Technician

More!!
    Back to earth was awesome!

19. jdalton2009

jdalton2009 Skutter

It definitely needed to be shown in one go rather than split up.

IMO it was fantastic, moreee!

20. Kingy78

Kingy78 Third Technician

Loved it!!! New Series Please!!!!!

Ian.