Random Thoughts About... Series III

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jedshepherd, Nov 3, 2015.

1. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

Okay we are recording this episode this week, so if you have any last minute comments on 'The Last Day' please let me know! Thanks as always!

2. jedshepherd

actually if you have an overall view on Series III, I will include this on the podcast too! Like where you think it sits in the hierarchy of the series.

3. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

I really like series 3 as, for me, I don't think it includes any episodes I'm "not really keen on". Each episode, I think, is pretty good - whereas others have Camille, Dimension Jump and Holoship which certainly aren't bad episodes, but ones I feel less inclined to watch.

And whilst I didn't watch it when it first aired, and the first episodes of Red Dwarf I saw were either series 3 or later, I wonder how those watching from the start will have taken to the sudden change in the situation - not just changing the sets and doing more space adventures, but adding Kryten (and a different Kryten) too, as well as a new Holly! A practically huge revamp, sort of like what they did with the new Doctor Who. There were so many places where it could have gone wrong, and yet it worked.

4. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Kryten: "I think I feel a Jackson Pollock coming on!" :lol::lol::lol:

5. jedshepherd

thanks guys!