RDXII Rank RDXII Episodes in Initial Order

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by emmiepoptastic, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

My ratings, which I didn't include in my previous post, are as follows:

Mechocracy 8.5/10
    Timewave 8/10
    Skipper 7.5/10
    M-Corp 7.5/10
    Siliconia 7/10
    Cured 6/10

This gives a season average of 7.41, which compares very well with previous seasons. Timewave I've only watched once, but I fear it will go down in my estimation on a rewatch. We'll have to see when I finally get round to ordering the DVD.

2. Androidsandbeingasleep

Androidsandbeingasleep Third Technician

1.Skipper
    2. Siliconia
    3. M-Corp
    4. Mechocracy
    5. Cured
    6. Timewave

Václav Claus likes this.
  3. Eddiebadassdavis

Eddiebadassdavis Supply Officer

1 good 6 bad

1-Skipper
    2-Cured
    3-Mechoracy
    4-Siliconia
    5-M-corp
    and
    6-Timewave

Abe likes this.
  4. Eddiebadassdavis

Eddiebadassdavis Supply Officer

Can i say that Red Dwarf XI was better then XII because it had this sort of movie feeling like a Star wars feeling to it
    and XII felt more like squeal to the eleventh series.
    well i liked XII because it had some good laughs

5. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Console Officer

I don't get the movie like feel to XI, but I would agree that IMO it was better that XII. To me XII still feels like the B-Sides of the 12 episodes filmed back to back, I still liked XII but it definitely felt the weaker of the two to me.

Eddiebadassdavis and Abe like this.
  6. Václav Claus

Václav Claus Deck Sergeant

I like XII more. It has less plot holes than XI. The atmosphere is also better. I like, how it combined funny conversation scenes and action scenes. Action and effect are very very good in both.

7. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I think both series 11 and 12 are virtually equal in excellence. Series 11 had the very finest episode, Give and Take, which could have slotted anywhere in the classic late 1988 to 1993 classic era but it also had Can of Worms which although okay was the weakest of the 2016-17 episodes IMHO. Series 12 had three maybe 4 standouts and perhaps was a bit more consistent than 11 so for me both are on a par as you would expect from two series filmed back to back.

8. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Can of Worms, where events at least happen to advance the plot, as opposed to Timewave, where everything just happens for 'haha u triggered lmao' in no coherent order? Interesting choice.

9. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I personally feel to be honest that although Timewave is the weakest of last year’s run it is still a very good episode, though obviously it was “divisive” to put it mildly. I think the issue I have with Can of Worms is although it is a positive that the series 11/12 episodes were for the most part more sophisticated and heavy sci-fi than series 10, I feel this episode takes it a step too far. It is very convoluted, it is a bit too confusing and this is mainly because the personality tuck machine has no role whatsoever in the pay off. Although it is a misdirect it just doesn’t really make sense and is pointless. My opinion of Can of Worms can vary though so we will have to see what I think when I embark on the Dwarf marathon later this year but for now I feel Timewave was just that bit better, though fair enough, quite a lot of others may not agree.