Rate Series X

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Bluey, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I have to say, I didn't expect this thread to come back to life. If I can find some spare time sometime, I might update the final standings with your ratings included.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I had some time, so I updated it. Nothing much has changed except that Entangled has moved up slightly.

3. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Console Officer

Thanks for the effort you put in on this Bluey. I've found myself wondering how I'd rate Series X now that the dust has well and truly settled on it but considering that it's also been a while since I've last watched it. A re-watch, re-assessment might be in order.

4. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

What a terrible thread. I hope whomever started it was punished or banned

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It's better than that Agony Ant nonsense.

6. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

Bluey have created a thread! That's the most incredible information today!

7. Ant E

Shame it’s rubbish

8. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Well, you know...... after reading through this it seems I haven't rated it yet. So I guess a thank you is in order to @Ant E for bringing it to my attention. Don't worry about putting mine in the mix @Bluey , just want my opinion out there.

Trojan - 9/10
    Fathers and Suns - 7/10
    Lemons - 8.5/10
    Entangled - 9/10
    Dear Dave - 7.5/10
    The Beginning - 8.5/10

I liked the Series as a whole much more than my ratings might suggest. I did notice that I like Trojan much more than most did or do and I think it stands up well even today. The same for Lemons. I thought it was a very good episode but glancing through the earlier posts I see it wasn't as well received with others. Other than that I pretty much agree with the others here I think.

I won't be rating this series against the others as I'm sure there's a thread for that and I seem to remember doing it there. One thing I did notice during the (very) fast scan through this thread was the preponderance of people comparing it to "classic" Dwarf. I'm not sure I really like that. I KNOW we ALL , myself included, have done that with both XI and XII but consider ........ just how bad can ANY series of Red Dwarf be? Yes, there are things new and different with each new one that comes out, but is that a bad thing? Not necessarily in my estimation. I've had the luxury of watching X .....oh........ I can't come up with a number , but many many times by now and think its a very good series. I may or may not have thought that upon my first or second viewing, I really don't remember. But my point is this, each and every series has its place in the R.D. canon and while I like some better than others they all feature our favorite castaways and their adventures. I don't think its really fair to compare one to another as far as quality goes because of the disjointed way they were filmed and broadcast. In the end its the Red Dwarf Posse against ....... the universe! And as long as Rimmers Rimmer and Daves Dave it will be a treat for US , the viewer.

Again, Thank you @Ant E for bringing this thread and my oversight of it to my attention :thanks:

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

So Ant E's random bumps do sometimes have a positive outcome. But not often.

10. Ant E

More often than ANY of your two rubbish threads!!!! Could be worse of course, remember @neilold and his “Mumfie the elephant” thread? Ugh

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I liked that thread more than I like Agony Ant.

12. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

Trojan - 7/10
    Fathers and Suns - 8/10
    Lemons - 7.5/10
    Entangled - 7.5/10
    Dear Dave - 2/10
    The Beginning - 8/10

This thread - 7/10
    Agony Ant - 11/10

More @Bluey's threads? - 25,6987801/10

Bluey and BigOleDummy like this.