RDX Official Spoilery Thread

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Seb, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to plot elements of Red Dwarf X that have made their way into the public domain (e.g. via press reviews, publicity material etc.) This is now the only thread in which episode plots may be discussed in advance of broadcast.

Please note that under no circumstances should information be revealed that was obtained solely from show recordings. If you state a plot spoiler and cannot provide a verifiable source for it online or in print, it will be deleted and you may be banned.

2. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

There I was being all smug with myself for coming up with a proper spoiler policy... and then I make an official thread no-one can post in 'cos the title's too long. WHOOPS.

Sorted now. Go nuts.

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

4. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

Hmmmmm... Almost certain from this and this which you posted earlier that Rimmer will meet Frank in the first episode. It also sounds like there will be a return for Ace, and I'm not sure about Holly.

5. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

That's okay if the source is from somebody in some way linked to the show. But what if you find an audience members blog/website that has detailed plot points that they know are true?

I'm still hoping the general public members of the audience keep quiet about such things, but you can never guarantee that.

6. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

it a reviewer from a press screening

7. acerimmer_165

Yeah - I'm always spoiling stuff for myself, but if I ever did come across a link with RD news it would be obvious from the site whether it was a press review or a blog, the latter being certainly more spoilery - even if the press reviews spoiled anything they would probably tag it as such. The few I've read so far haven't really spoiled anything that signifcant; they're more teasing and whetting our appetite than anything else.

Blogs I will definitely avoid; they will either spoil everything or be unreliable.

8. Reznor

Reznor Guest

haha so many threads closed for this and as for frank!!! cant wait :P

9. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Interesting to hear that the new series apparently has a duff first few minutes. This was also the case with series VII and VIII. I wonder why Doug seemingly struggles so much with beginnings.

10. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i have to say i do wonder what this could mean

11. ojhilt

ojhilt Skutter

Was at the screening today, as a hardcore 1-6 dwarfer I was overall heartened and agree with much of the chortle piece, I won't say any more.

12. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I'm on about in general. If another new posting goes up on an audience members blog or whatever....it'll be public domain and could contain proper spoilers from an audience member. Just wanted confirmation that on the closing weeks till airdate, that's still not allowed, or is it okay now in this thread?

13. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I imagine it will mean addressing why Holly is inactive still. Perhaps an unsuccessful attempt to switch him/her back on.

I did accidentally come across a potential spoiler about what it might be relating to but I'm not going to repeat it here and suggest nobody else who read it does either as it isn't anything that has been officially reported in reviews, etc and seems to have leaked from a recording (if true).

14. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Reviews seem positive for Trojan. . .:shock:

15. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll still hate it

16. simulant37

Why will I?!? :?
    & I'm not worried. . .:?

17. acerimmer_165

VERY small amount of new info here

Looks like the start will be a bit dodgy (was corroborated elsewhere), but everything else is apparently a return to form.

And the aforementioned bit of new info:

P.S. Whoever posted in the other thread about unfairly baiting simulant was right. :roll:

EDIT: It appears this thread is desolate but for me and Talkie... How can so many people resist the click?

18. simulant37

Yes. I wanted to be fairly baited. :eek:ops:

19. acerimmer_165

Another spoler-free review...

Unfortunately, this seems much more negative with respect to humour - the journalist describes it as underwhelming and relying on gags that don't feel Dwarfy :-(

20. acerimmer_165

Also, random musings:

One of the articles mentions Chris playing an "alter-ego"... Could this be an Ace Rimmer red herring, or does anyone reckon that maybe he's going to portray Frank (as he did in Timeslides)?