RDX Official Spoilery Thread

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Seb, Sep 11, 2012.

1. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

Yes there back on the dwarf so Holly should be there, get norm bACK!

2. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

I've noticed about billion illuminati/Freemason/lucifarian symbols in RDX... Lemons is based on a conspiracy theory of Jesús being the son of Julius cesar(JC/ceaseria) and Cleopatra, that his adopted father Joseph of arefamia or whatever (I'll write that better when I'm less tired) brought Jesús to Albion to earn big money, I think in steel, Jesus himself in this theory not having a twin but his two brothers being a pair of twins and so much more...

It touches upon vaccines filling us with oestrogen, not being able to trust the meat we eat (horse meat?) And a lot more.

Look at Rimmer's badge... So full of these symbols its unreal...

Trojan touches upon many things on this vein too, how nothing is lateral but makes sense when you follow from the start, the reptilian agenda rubbish and newsreaders, the hypnotic nature of TV.... I won't list everything as there is too much.

My eye has been opened as to what I can and can't make public. :-)

3. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Is that really a conspiracy theory or just one of the 33,000 + sub-group stories/beliefs surrounding the same Biblical characters?

What are we meant to be looking for in Rimmers badge? I think he first wore it in series 3 (and various subsequent series). Apparently it was originally used in 'Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy'.

Hmm, interesting. I like the running theme of everything being connected (in more than a biological/symbiotic sense) which is then followed up nicely in 'Entangled'. The 'logic' of which is the based on some...interesting theories presented in the book 'The Roots of Coincidence; An excursion into Parapsychology' by Arthur Koestler (as seen twice in the episode itself).

I read it shortly after the series was broadcast, as I'd already read 'Ghost in the Machine' by the same author. They're both interesting reads. Not that I believe everything I read about of course. ;-)

It would seem Doug likes to read into interesting stuff too. But again it doesn't necessarily mean he believes it.

Also, I love the social commentary on consumer culture in Trojan, along with the awesome reference to the film 'Network' during Lister's phone rant: "I'm a human being God Dammit, and my life has value!"....or perhaps it wasn't an intentional reference, could just be coincidence...yet interconnected. ;-)

In all seriousness though, and I'm not trying to debunk anything for the sake of argument, but I'm not sure how any this stuff links in with all those groups/secret societies you mentioned...perhaps I'm missing something?...or maybe, just maybe, there is nothing to miss? Perhaps?...but hey, I could be wrong. We could all be wrong about a lot of stuff. Who knows?

4. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

"Based on"? No. Can you see patterns? If you like, fair enough. But given that the episode isn't even about "the" Jesus, I find it hard to believe that Doug would be basing it on a conspiracy theory about his being Julius and Cleopatra's son.

(Then again, I find it hard to believe such a theory exists in the first place, seeing as neither of them were alive when he was born...)

It doesn't really do to make statements like that about authorial intent (as opposed to viewer interpretation) when you don't have anything to back it up...

5. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy! :roll:

[​IMG]

6. dodgebizkit

LOL all you have to do is search youtube to find the conspiracy theory... OH NO, the fact that it's on youtube means the theory doesn't exist!!!! (it's not like I was going to derail the thread into conspiracies on jesus and things I see in the lodge lol I was just merely mentioning the parallels, the things that may have inspired Doug oover time, it's not like there is evidence that Doug ISN'T interested in such things, and that this doesn't suggest that he is, as below and beyond you are shown many things that make you accustomed to seeing the wood in the forest.

Doug can't have watched it!!! NO WAY!!! Doug must just be quoting so much of by pure coincidence!!!! :roll:
    I must believe that it is all real and Doug is shoving it in our face because he is top of the illuminate and even though I clearly stated that I don't believe it myself, I really do and I think Doug is a reptilian alien that lived back in 33ad and hammered the nails in himself, and if you numerise his name you find that by adding 666 his name is equal to Pontius Pilate and he was a pilot and flew over Egypt which is why the hygroglyphics look like aeroplanes!!!:roll:

The fact that it wasn't THE Yehushua shows that Doug doesn't believe the conspiracy either, if indeed he hasn't studied this conspiracy and is just quoting it all over the place by accident... :-)

Way to twist my words guys, surely black and white is all you see when you stop squinting through the yellow and red, no rest for a widow's son in this thread, which is why one grows weary of the lack of free-thinking... Well, Red Dwarf wasn't actually meant to be an eye-opener, just a laugh for the ones that see the light, and entertainment for those in the dark :-)

My favourite episode of RDX is definitely The Beginning.

7. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

I was there, hammering them in. Seriously.

8. dodgebizkit

How very in humane of you mr strat.

I'm glad I live in this day and age- if i was to be crucified they could use a tube of No More Nails...

Seriously I can't bear the thought of the pain Yehoshua (this is the closest we have to the real name of the son of the creator)and all the other thousands of people crucified went through. Our worst criminals get locked up in a nice warm private hotel with an Xbox and the Internet...

At least Doug had the decency to not mock the real messiah whether or not he believes in him, just as I would never publicly mock anyone else's religious characters, and the 10 commandment mocking was done tastefully I think.

Anyone noticed "Lady Luc..." On lister's jacket? The K is almost always hidden...