RDX Second Viewing

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by yeckel, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Plenty of us here like Red Dwarf X. You only have to read through this thread to see that.

I'm actually considering watching some series X episodes yet again soon.

2. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

This is very pleasing to hear. :-D

I imagine it must've been slightly odd to then go back to watch series 1-8 & BTE after Series X, what with how different the show looked back then, and all the evolutionary changes. :-)

3. DaveHOz

DaveHOz Third Technician

Sorry about that. :-) In case anyone was wondering, "The British universities... Both of them" is a line from Yes, Prime Minister.

4. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Ah yes I remember now. I thought it was from something but couldn't remember what :-)

And Kittypaws, I like RDX. Me likey a lot! 8)

5. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Erm ! me too, It was pretty nearly a return to the good old days. :-D Roll on RDXI

6. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

That's 3 of us! :-)

7. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

Well, at least 8 of us so far ;-)

8. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

I have re-watched Red Dwarf X over the last 2 nights. I liked it the first time.

The second time, I absolutely loved it even more, I think this series is going to stand the test of time, so many classic Dwarf moments, really funny jokes, and a very polished production while still keeping with the general feel of the show.

Some of the lack of continuity annoyed me the first time, but on second viewing I suppose I realised Red Dwarf has always been that way.

9. Freeborn

Indeed. As have various other aspects some fans initially complained about.

I too liked it on first viewing, and thankfully it's grown on me even more over time.

The one episode I wasn't overly impressed with the first time around was "Dear Dave". But even that one has grown on me upon further viewings. But essentially, all things considered (such as how quickly Doug had to write the script) I think even 'Dear Dave' showed a lot of potential in regards to the kind of dialogue-based episodes we saw in the early days (where not much actually happens, in a sense:-()

Over all I luurve series X. :-)

10. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Dear Dave is certainly a 'grower' series X episode for me. I love its simplicity and its series 1 feel.

11. 74384338

74384338 First Technician

Yes! I watched a repeat of Camille straight after Series X had finished and I immediately said, 'Whoa, they all look so young!' Then I remembered the time scale and I thought, hold on, no, they're not ageing backwards, it's just me watching them in the wrong order.

12. Freeborn

:-) I can see how it may have felt a little confusing at first. It was certainly an interesting contrast seeing the older episodes aired on DAVE after the new ones.

Interestingly (or perhaps not), Camille used to be my least favourite episode to date when it first aired. It's grown on me over the years though.

One think I've noticed upon watching series X and then going back to the beginning/"The End" is how much Craig's accent has changed over the years. I know a few American peeps who had trouble making out what he was saying during the early series'. :-)

13. 74384338

74384338 First Technician

Watching Red Dwarf in the wrong order first time round isn't really recommended though. I tell a lie really when I say that X was my first RD - I actually had read most of Infinity by the time Trojan was on. Certain parts made sense to me and not to my sisters, who hadn't.
    Series IV was still rather different though. I liked that the rooms were paler and less busy. The rooms on board Red Dwarf now look like the 10th Doctor's TARDIS, if I may refer to Doctor Who - and then they were more like the 5th Doctor's TARDIS. Still the same old crew though. All things considered.

14. Highjump

Highjump Second Technician

I need to watch this one again sometime this week i can barley remember most of it just something about a vending machine being chinese? and god wanting lemons? see need to watch it again hah