RDXI episodes dropping off UK TV Play

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Chris D, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

Just a word of warning; if you haven't yet downloaded/recorded/watched various episodes of RD XI you may want to do that now or you'll have to wait for repeats/DVD/Bluray releases.

Twentica is now no longer on UKTV Play. Samsara is removed in 3 days. Give and Take in 10 days and so on.

Thankfully I still have them all recorded on Sky Q so I can still re-watch them all back to back as I plan to do at some point before I get my hands on the disc release.

2. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Well the bluray's and DVD's are coming in a couple weeks anyway, so nothing that it's worrying.

3. wavesd

wavesd Third Technician

If I were UKTV play I would be tempted to leave them on a little longer (I notice that there are several seasons of Most Haunted on there!!). I know they want to sell DVDs and Blurays - and I for one am in the front of the queue for them! But I do think they may start to draw in a few more viewers by just holding them on there a little longer. I like what Dave are doing with new comedy, I enjoy Taskmaster - I know for some it is a bit 'new' or over-ironic, but I think people watching the new episodes of that and Dave Gorman's new show may go to the on-demand service after the broadcast, and it would be good for them to be greeted with the full X and XI; then maybe drop them off in late Nov/Dec so people buy the discs!