RDXI / RDXII RDXI vs RDXII viewing figures

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by jmc2000, Oct 23, 2017.

1. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

7 DAY DATA:

Episode 12.1 - 1.14m (second most watched show for the week outside the five terrestrial channels)
    Episode 11.1 - 1.38m (most watched show for the week outside the five terrestrial channels)

That's about as good as I dared hope. I didn't think it would do as well as RDXI because the gap is smaller - one year versus four years - so it's less of an "event". But I wanted it to clear a million and be a "ratings success" for multichannel TV. I think that's pretty good. Also, since they were filmed back to back, it's not like RDXII got a bigger budget.

As the figures come in for the rest of the series, we'll see how the drop-off compares to RDXI, and whether it's as good at holding onto viewers.

Paul Taylor likes this.
  2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Nice to see the episode getting past 1 million, and I hope the rest of the season manages this too. So what was the most watched show of the week outside the five terrestrial channels if it wasn't Cured?

jmc2000 likes this.
  3. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

A (new?) Big Bang Theory, which wasn't around the year before, and got comfortably over two million (there was nothing like that for Twentica's week - and Twentica would have been second too, had it aired this week).

Abe and Bluey like this.
  4. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I am mildly hopeful that everybody raving about Timewave on Twitter, etc. will bring in more viewers and help XII hold on at over a million the whole way through.

5. Asclepius

Asclepius Supply Officer

I'm glad to see this numbers. Really good score!