Reboot

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by BigOleMummy, Sep 22, 2017.

1. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

With rebooting all the rage these days, with varying degrees of success I must say, If you could go back and pick ONE episode to "redo" with todays XI and XII's production budget and expertise , which would it be?

For me it would be hands down, series 2 episode 2 Better Than Life. First I think I would split it in two episodes because 1 - I think it could handle it , the first half is hilarious on its own "died in his jeep", "I'd prefer chicken" etc. 2 - the Better than Life part proper could be expanded to a whole show easily imho. Think of the magnificent sets! The restaurant scene ........ Rimmers derelict and family scenes , the well..... just all of it. It's still one of my favorite episodes but I think it would be much better if shot today.

That's mine, what's yours?

2. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I'm not sure if you have read the books or not, but if Better than Life was rebooted I would love it to be the book version. They were stuck for two years and the settings were a lot more extravigant and a darker story.

I hit post instead of enter. I'd like to see Rimmerworld rebooted but for the focus to be more on Rimmerworld and what happened to Rimmer then it was.

BigOleMummy likes this.
  3. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I think I need to put myself to bed. I had to look up what episode number Future Echos is. Can't believe I forgot it is the second episode of the second season.

I certainly agree with Backwards, it was the first episode that came to my head. That is another one that I love how it was done in the books and it was sort of done twice in Backwards and Last Human. I want more Red Dwarf books. I like the concept of the book Backwards with Lister and Cat deaging until they are approx 15. If that was on TV that is one way to reboot the show with younger actors (which I personally hope never happens since the current guys are the show as far as I am concerned)

4. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

Yes indeed I've read it. In fact just bought the Omnibus edition of it when I got series XI. And yes about the Rimmerworld too, it could easily be re-shot and "improved". But excellent as is of course.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH, yeah! To both! Backwards is in my top 5 episodes period.