Red Dwarf 13 confirmed?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Titanbeing, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Titanbeing

Titanbeing Third Technician

2. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

:scared::shake::sulk:
    Still odd that Robert, Norman and Danny all said the show was commissioned and they'd signed contracts. Robert even said they'd be filming either in October or January …:-S

3. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

There are more possibilities than simply "there is no Red Dwarf XIII" and "Red Dwarf XIII is confirmed".

Václav Claus likes this.
  4. Pembers in a Pear Tree

Pembers in a Pear Tree Console Officer

Until there is one, there isn’t one.

5. Christmas Pants

Christmas Pants Flight Co-Ordinator

Can you confirm if Andrew Ellard was behind the leak?

6. Duke The Dumpster Droese

Duke The Dumpster Droese Third Technician

Has season 13 been confirmed yet? I have been hooked on Red Dwarf ever since I found a Season 1 DVD in someones garbage when doing my rounds one July Morning about 10 years ago.

Nicoca-cola Truck likes this.
  7. Eddiebadassdavis

Eddiebadassdavis Supply Officer

Sooo 2008 i was in preschool

Abe likes this.
  8. Václav Claus

Václav Claus Deck Sergeant

Oh, did they? When?

9. Václav Claus

10. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

Still waiting with baited breath for XIII to be commissioned

11. Václav Claus

I hope this will be announced at Dimension Jump.

12. Eddiebadassdavis

Wasn't there a post where Danny gave us a hint on filming Red Dwarf its on twitter

13. Václav Claus

We can't be sure, how old the photo is. I hope it could do something with the new series.
    We shall wait untill Dimension Jump. If they are going to announce it, they will do it there. In the article about Dimension Jump was a sentence about "one or two little surprises", but it's gone now...

14. Eddiebadassdavis

It was recent

15. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

Oh well, this Dimension Jump did not provide any big announcement regarding a series 13 commission apart from comments from Doug about them working on some issues that need resolving. That really reminds me of the Dimension Jump in 2013, after series ten, in which again there was no commission fast after the most recent series. We all remember what happened next - it took a lengthy 4 years hiatus again between series 10 and series 11’s broadcasts.

If the commissions for the Dave series tend to be announced at the Dimension Jump convention does that really mean given that the next one will probably be in two years (as this XX one was only a year or so later due to the 30th anniversary), that there will also be no commission for another two years?

That would be a real shame for there to be a massive four year gap again because on the series 12 Blu-ray/DVD documentary Craig says that they really need to start work on a series 13 sooner. Also Doug mentioned earlier this year how he wanted there to be a series 13, then a stage show then maybe a movie if they could get funding, in that order.

I presume possibly that series 13 might be the final television series and then maybe the stage show and movie as bonuses (I don’t care so much for a stage show - I would rather the Dwarfers tried to do as much for the TV as possible).

But anyway, surely due to the need to get another series produced and wrapped faster as originally intended, I really hope that we won’t all have to wait 2 years to another Dimension Jump for a commission to be announced. I know it is spectacular for the news to come from the convention about new series, but like Craig Charles said they need to get a move on with a thirteenth series as time flies. Surely if these issues that need resolving - is it something like the cast being all available at the same time - can be sorted out quicker the announcement could be made in a different way this time though like I say it is always really exciting for it to come from Doug at the convention.

To be honest, if there was never any more Red Dwarf made for TV I would be sort of happy with how series 12 ended it. Skipper was the finest episode of series 12, one of the very best without Rob Grant and it had a perfect ending that was open for future material but also at the same time a sort of appropriate conclusion to the Red Dwarf story like series 10’s The Beginning was with it coming full circle to an extent. If Skipper did turn out to be the finale of all Red Dwarf it is superb enough an episode and I’m not sure about a definitive final episode of RD ever because like Only the Good... showed, it could turn out really unsatisfying.

However, obviously as a massive RD fan I preferably want to see at least one, maybe two, more TV series. The quality of series 11 and 12 was excellent enough to justify more and the viewing figures were not too low also so surely there must be another series around the corner. It really needs to be faster though like Craig intended so I really hope we are not waiting to the next DJ for the commission to be finally announced.

If the worst comes to the worst and it is another 4 year hiatus between series then could Doug and co maybe consider doing two series back-to-back again? The great thing about series 11 and 12 being broadcast just a year apart - like the glory days - was it made up for the sizeable previous four year gap. Maybe that would be something to consider as it looks like series 13 is a long time away unless Doug breaks with convention (excuse the terrible pun) and announces it is going ahead via another means?

The bottom line, is I suppose I and maybe a few other fans feel a tad disappointed and frustrated with the news from this DJ that there is still no series 13 on its way after being all excited for a confirmation today. Still Dimension Jump that is going on now must still be really great entertainment despite this aberration and I really hope all the Dwarfers are having a great time. Though I must say the confirmation that the BBC series Blu-ray is delayed until January came as a double disappointment whammy - am I really going to have to wait until next year to start my Dwarf marathon? Surely, it would have been better if they could have got the Blu-rays ready for the Christmas market. But anyway, nineteen discs is exceptional but I just pray that there won’t be another delay in 2019.

But anyway Red Dwarf is still great but Hey Ho Pip and Dandy.

Václav Claus likes this.
  16. Eddiebadassdavis

nice very good therioes

UltraDevotee likes this.
  17. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

Thank you and it is good to be back on the forum for the first time since 4 months ago. Like I said it is a shame there is no commission for series 13 yet, but I was very pleasantly surprised by how very good Doctor Who was today and that has made up for it somewhat. I thought Chris Chibnall did not have it in him as his previous episodes under Russell T and Steven Moffat were underwhelming. Sorry to go a bit off topic btw.

Christmas Pants likes this.
  18. Christmas Pants

Christmas Pants Flight Co-Ordinator

Get rid of Jodie Whittaker and last nights sci fi programme was pretty good!

Also, @UltraDevotee was Rob Grant at DJ?

19. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Console Officer

I doubt that, the commissioning of a series has nothing to do with Dimension Jump really, while if a new series happens to coincide with DJ then it does make very good sense to use that as the vehicle to release the info. Doug and Dave TV would not commission a series then say, "Oh hang on we have to wait x years until the next DJ event to give it a date". The DJ exists because of RD not the other way round.