RED DWARF CODES for Dave website - exclusive stuff

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by lewis1992, Sep 8, 2012.

1. JCjunkstar

JCjunkstar Second Technician

Perhaps living in an era where stoning, punishment by loss of limb, crucifixion and none of the conveniences that he would be used to may be a deciding factor.

One interesting thing is that Cat, Lister and Rimmer would be giants in relative terms if they visited an era such as that one. I'm not certain of the average male/female height, but if you look at doors in the UK still around from Tudor times, they are tiny! I always think this about TV/Movies - they ignore the fact that if anyone goes back in time a long way, they would all be WAY smaller... They should cast actors accordingly.

2. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I wonder how many of the seven days Dave will spend apologising for their website being crashed by traffic.

3. Ally1990

Ally1990 First Technician

^ Indeed.

Word of warning, especially to those recording the new series like myself: it's now appeared on the TV guide of Freeview. It does give a sentence long synopsis of what the episode is about, so you may want to avoid it or look away if you're recording it.

Removing anything anyone doesn't want to know, it goes like this:
    'Somebody something something from someone'. I don't think that's a spoiler.

It's suddenly got real...

4. blaggard

blaggard First Technician

And still no news of US broadcasts *sob*

Guess I'll be looking for some kind of ropey torrent.

5. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

The countdown truly begins today

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It's still relatively quiet on here. By this time next Thursday, I predict there will be a massive flood of newbies and posts.

7. Ally1990

Regarding the US broadcasts, Doug Naylor Tweeted on the 23rd/Sep about trying to arrange something with Dave to get it on iTunes or something similar.

Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the forums, but I thought I'll put it here just in case.

8. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

Is Lister being stuck in 23AD a plot point of the episode Lemons. If so, why was that posted in this thread, all spoiler topics are in one thread so those that don't want to see them won't. Please don't post any more information about the episodes until after broadcast.

9. blaggard

blaggard First Technician

Ah, I hadn't seen this anywhere. Thanks. Hulu would be nice (cos then i can watch it on my TV!).

fingers crossed.

10. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I'm working on a new FAQ to deal with this. It runs something like this:

QUESTION:

"Is this series going to have the canned laughter back and what's with Rimmer why is he a hologram again and is this series set after Back to Earth or before it because back to earth said it was set after series 10 and this is series 10 and will this be funny because back to earth was smeg and not funny like that series with the dinosaur and captain hollister saying see you in ten minutes and is kichanski in this series also what happened after the end of series 8 with rimmer kicking death in the balls lol"

ANSWER:

Bolivia

...as I say, it's a work in progress. 8)

11. Ally1990

New pics:

New Lister Photos

The green screen one is my favourite. I love they just put him on a swivel chair.

12. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

13. lemonhead

lemonhead Second Technician

I'm liking the one where Lister is jumping onto the mat. After seeing Lister's stance in that photo, my mind is going into overdrive thinking what might happen in that episode. :P

14. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Unlock the latest video on UKTV with "WIBBLY"!

15. Roche_P_Nibblick_the_third

Roche_P_Nibblick_the_third Third Technician

New code is WIBBLY

Edit: D'oh you beat me to it lol

16. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

:P
    I've just realised it's the same video as what was in The Guardian's article :?

17. Roche_P_Nibblick_the_third

Roche_P_Nibblick_the_third Third Technician

I was slightly disappointed too, not with the video it was excellent, but with the fact that it isn't really an exclusive like it says :-(

18. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Oh well, I mean we got a lot of clips anyway and this way they are hopefully less likely to spoil any of their best material.

19. Ally1990

Still a great clip, even though it's not 'exclusive'. This may cheer you up, though.

The first TV guide reviews are coming today. Here's what The Weekend Magazine had to say:

"The hit space sitcom returns with a new series... it's as if it's never gone away. It's back, it works, it's funny, it's just like the old days".

They later went on to say:

"After the disappointing specials Dave put together a few years ago, it's hard to be too enthusiastic about a full new series... if the opener is anything to go by, they've got it right this time... the original cast are showing their age, but the scripts are still in fine, silly, nerdy shape".

They gave it four out of five stars, which is one up from they normally give Red Dwarf.

20. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

That is indeed a promising review!