RED DWARF CODES for Dave website - exclusive stuff

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by lewis1992, Sep 8, 2012.

1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

Best episode ever currently on Dave. Thanks for the memory. Never been topped

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I think that may be my favourite episode of Series 2. For a long time it was Stasis Leak. For some reason I would tend to overlook Thanks... yet I'd always be struck by how good it was when I saw it. I think it might just beat Stasis Leak in my estimation now, or at least it's an equal favourite. The episodes are very different after all and they feed different things in the ol' CPU.

3. mccollough

mccollough First Technician

Its queeg for me. I love Holly based episodes. White hole is my all time top.

4. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

I have only now seen the alleged "kryten butt clip" and having seen it, I think its okay.

Its about as ridiculous as the groinal socket, and how he dries off the spoon with it so nonchalantly is pretty funny as far as I'm concerned.

5. misterjohnsparks

misterjohnsparks Second Technician

Agreed! From start to finish, it's perfect.

6. Butterpat_head

Butterpat_head Third Technician

Regarding series 8 (and probably this series), it may just be the case that they find it more difficult to get into the old characters when the actors have moved on and done other things in the meantime, as opposed to the early days when RD was their main vehicle. They are also vastly diffeerent people now to what they were in the 80s/90s. Can we really expect the 80s/90s Rimmer, as though their lives were on hold during the hiatus? I also noticed it with Norman in series 7.

7. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Since I liked BTE and, unlike the misguided people who try to judge it as something it wasn't meant to be, I can't put any weight behind reviews that insist on comparing the two.

Compare the show to the other series by all means but its a wasted exercise to try to compare them to a TV movie commissioned as a nostalgia project.

8. Ally1990

Ally1990 First Technician

True. I just thought it was worth posting since it claims to be the UK's best selling TV guide, or something like that, and therefore it's the TV guide review that the largest number of people will see. Taking the BTE comparison out of it, I thought it was overall quite positive.

I enjoyed BTE too. It wasn't a sitcom so comparing it to the classic series, which is one, is like comparing Mars to a haddock. Saying that's why it failed in some people's eyes is fair enough, but for me, changing the format worked for the story at hand. Doug did the best he could under the restrictions he was given, and while not perfect, it was by no means a failure.

9. bedfordfalls

If only more people could come to understand this then we might not see so many lazy generalizations in previews of X.

It seems like its now almost received wisdom among TV journalists that BTE was terrible. I wonder how many of them even watched it and aren't just recanting what they have read elsewhere.

10. jaybo1973

Stasis was mine for years too, and after watching both again yesterday, I have a hard time choosing between the two. Great episodes from a great series...

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I used to love watching my old self-recorded series 2 VHS tape. Better Than Life, Thanks for the Memory and Stasis Leak, three of my favourite early series episodes one after the other.

12. bedfordfalls

Heh, me too. For a long time all I had was the official VHS of the first three episodes then I started recording them all when BBC2 did the complete run after VI ended.
    I seem to recall they were always on Friday nights so I would record them while I was out then have a lazy Saturday morning watching them through. It made the three long wait for VII not so bad.

13. jaybo1973

I think I still have my original bbc 2 recordings in the garage lol. 3 onwards were recorded on their original run. Series 2 was the first series I ever aw, again from there first run. Don't think the recording is from first time round though

14. jaybo1973

This may of been mentioned already but just to make sure......BE WEARY WHEN SETTING UP YOUR SKY PLANNER, THE FOE IS NAMED OUTRIGHT! BIT NAUGHTY.

15. jaybo1973

The chat has dried up a bit?

16. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Well, we've sort of run out of new stuff.

17. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

The calm before the storm

18. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Well its also named on the link on the main News page here!! Also a "BIT NAUGHTY!" :roll:

19. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

I genuinely, utterly and truly cannot wait for Thursday. I am so excited you'd think it was Christmas.

Yes, at 27 I still get excited over Christmas!

I have also ordered a new laptop and SSD and I can almost bet now they will arrive on Thursday and I will have to wait until Friday to set it up as Thursday after work will be spent preparing for Red Dwarf X, phone off, no disturbances or distractions, snacks prepared and bladder fully emptied!

20. bedfordfalls

Strangely despite my excitement I get the feeling I won't be watching live on Thursday. I don't have a digi box setup to my TV at the moment so I'll probably catch the repeat on Dave's web thingy...I might even not get to do this until the next day!:shock: