RED DWARF computer game?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SFRimmer12, Apr 12, 2009.

1. RotootHununga

RotootHununga Third Technician

And don't forget an ACE RIMMER mini game!

2. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    And breath Lol:lol:

3. Krytens_spare_head

Krytens_spare_head Second Technician

I thin maybe an RPG along the lines of mass effect would work well with red dwarf. If it was set in the first or 8th series so you had all the crew members to interact with it would be great, i'd buy it :-D

4. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

[/quote]

Ahem....

52 levels???

What a random number.

Shouldn't it be 55 or at least 53 levels??? :-D

5. speccyblue

speccyblue Skutter

I am surprised that no one has come up with a game as yet.

I would snap it up even though I am rubbish at gaming :-D

6. connell

connell First Technician

Ahem....

53 levels???

What a random nmber.

Shouldn't it be 55 or at least 52 levels??? After all Red Dwarf series 1-8 has 52 episodes, and with Back to Earth its 55, so where does 53 come from?

7. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    BTE is apparently 1 episode split into 3 parts m8 ;-)

8. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

It must be
    -a little like futuristic war game
    -some mind work in it
    -imaginative and creative level changeing
    -funy
    -realistic

9. connell

connell First Technician

Ah, thanks for that. I got confused because my idea was 1-8 only, not BTE, and i thought it would be 52 or 55, sorry AceRimmer!

10. ST4RBUG1

ST4RBUG1 Third Technician

i had a red dwarf game on my phone about 2 years ago it was called Red Dwarf Simulants revenge it cost me £4 lol!

you had to fly in starbug and shoot spaceships it was pretty good

11. Demon-scutter

Demon-scutter Skutter

I reckon there are a few good ways a Red Dwarf game could work:

1. A MMORPG, set before Red Dwarf was wiped (or less preferably after the ressurection.), allowing you to become a crew member on your version of Red Dwarf (say maybe a 10'000 max person server), you could choose your career, personality, race (Robot, Human ect.), the game could have the normal stats (Strength, Intelligence, Endurence ect.) but could also have more Red Dwarf-esque ones (Sexual Magnetism, Skutter Leadership ect.) You could rise up the ranks of your Ship, and find items and easter eggs withing the game. One thing that would compliment this well would be if, instead of dungeons (Like a tradiitonal RPG) you could enter a VR machine with your friends and 'play' and episode of the show as a character. If I'm honest, this is the option that sounds most appealing to me.

2. A Giant Sandbox game, you playing as one character from the series, Red Dwarf would be used as a game Hub, with you playing through the adventures of the series. This idea has already been said, but I feel that a Red Dwarf Game would need Co-op to be good.

Come to think of it, this game would need to be planned for a good few years before it could be released, just from the sheer scale of it.

12. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

Some form of Red Dwarf I-phone app? Not sure what it could be tho.

13. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

Hey Onion (and anyone else, for that matter), you should check out RED DWARF : GAG over at planetsmeg! http://www.planetsmeg.com/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?gag
    I tried telling Greg along time ago that he should try to get this flash game as an extra on a Red Dwarf DVD, but I honestly don't know how to go about doing that, and clicking around on the remote probably wouldn't be as fun as the mouse on your computer.

There's also some other flash games he's coded over there.

14. theonion770

theonion770 Third Technician

I've played it, it's a bit old though and looks terrible. Great concept though and I admire the guy very much for creating it.

15. karcreat

karcreat Second Technician

LOL!

I actually started creating a multi level platform style 'Red Dwarf' game a few years ago, with very detailed background designs based on the interior of the ship, animations, sounds, the whole shebang...but then lightning struck outside during a bad storm and FRIED my harddrive, I lost all the levels I had created...:-(

It was called 'Mr. Flibbles Revenge', and centered around Red Dwarf encountering a mysterious nebula that re-created Rimmers cute penguin doll into multiple killer droid versions of the plushie, which you (as Lister) had to destroy!
    Flibble also sent out killer flying drones and saucers to stop you...it was simplistic in play, but had graphics I was rather proud of (I'm a self employed illustrator/cartoonist for a living, so the graphics were a tad better than the smeggin' programming, sorry to say...but it WAS playable!...;-)

All that survives to this day is a character/model sheet I created for the Lister character, so I had a basis for doing his hand drawn animation frames...

[​IMG]

I also have created two REALLY CHEESY and simple 'Red Dwarf; PC games, if you want a laugh..

[​IMG]

...and this one...

[​IMG]

...You can get them both on my free site...

CLICK HERE

Enjoy!
    -K

16. smeggy

smeggy Skutter

Guys,
    If anyone sees this thread.
    I am Greg of Planetsmeg (not as good as Lister of Smeg but Im working on it) and am just here to let you know the GAG has now been re-made (sort of) The original graphics were made for dial up modems (hence the crap quality) but now they are of higher res adn bug fixed for wonderful broadband and it only took me a few years.
    You can try it out again, much of the same old nonsense - just better looking. Best in Firefox but will play in other browsers.
    Still free etc and thanks to all who encouraged me to rework the game.
    Game:
    http://www.planetsmeg.com/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?gag
    Screenies:
    http://www.planetsmeg.com/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?gagshots

Happy smeggin'

Greg

17. seansells

seansells Skutter

:lol:I could actuly program a red dwarf video-game, depending on what type of video game you want:lol:

18. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

He he interesting picture:-D

19. d4nny77

d4nny77 Skutter

I created a fake dvd box for if the game ever did come out........................................... and its really bad
    but i cant find a way to put the pic in this forum

20. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

While a game would be cool. I dont know how much appeal it would have. I cant imagine it selling well on hard copy. But there is always wiiware, The PSN and XBLA that those small cheap games appear on.