Red dwarf deaths - the good and the bad

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Spaceman, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Spaceman

Spaceman Supply Officer

What's ur favourite Red Dwarf deaths and least favourites?

My favourite has gotta be the enemy simulant's ship blowing up in Beyond a Joke. 'I never get invited to parties!'

Least fave goes to Katerina's stupid death in Back To Earth, and also a blatant copy of a death scene in Final Destination. This was just dumb.

Which ones did you like and dislike?

2. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I am not sure if he technically dies but I always liked the simulant in Justice getting trashed "malfunction does not compute!" then his little eye dies down. I don't know if he dies when you last see him he is still sitting about. I also like Hudson 10 dieing as well his voice effect is cool.

My least favorite is probably Dr Lanstrom in quarantine. She does this weird little jig and just fades away. Its a tad weird looking.

3. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Yes, Lanstrom looks like she's doing the Robot :-)

4. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I'm not over keen on that scene but it really isn't a copy of Final Destination. In FD the person gets run over by accident all by themselves (well it's death stalking them, but nobody pushes them.) And FD was hardly the first person to do the run-over thing.

Ok, I quite liked the first simulant's scene too, although I was never certain if he died either.

Worst... I'll have to think....

5. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

The second simulant's death scene is good, but outweighed by Able's directly after it. "He ain't heavy!"

Katerina's isn't that bad, certainly made me jump!

Langstrom's was just damn weird.

But the best has to be the Cat Priest!

6. stephypops

stephypops Catering Officer

I thought the death of Confidence in 'Confidence and Paranoia' was quite funny, taking off the helmet of the space suit and just exploding! :lol:

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'm another for Confidence. There's nothing better than a full-body explosion.

Least favourite is the Cat Priest, partly because I always cringe knowing that Noel Coleman is about to whack his nose on that plastic hat.

8. The_Badger

The_Badger Third Technician

I think Langstrom's death was pretty meh. Not DISGUSTINGLY AWFUL, just meh. Despite what some seem to think , i didn't mind Katerina's BTE death....... maybe it's just me :lol:

As for the best...... i can think of loads of good ones to be honest :P

9. stephypops

stephypops Catering Officer

Actually the death of Hudzen 10 in The Last Day is good too, '...no silicon heaven....they just die?....' then he dies!

10. Baxters_Hooch

Lets not forget the death of the Polymorph...

11. The_Badger

The_Badger Third Technician

Or the Mutton Vindaloo Beast

12. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

My favourite death is probably Confidence I also like some of the waxdroids deaths in Meltdown.

13. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

I loved Katerinas death, another favourite was the guy in Psirens where the camera gets glooped with ketchup.

14. Baxters_Hooch

I think everyone's overlooking a fairly significant one, which is the death of the entire crew right at the start!

Never realise RD has such a high body count!

15. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

1 Psirens
    2 Rimmer with " I am alive!!"

16. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

I thought that was kind of lame. I mean I liked a lot of that episode. It had some good gags, and the Pride and Prejudice World was really good. But the whole idea of storing Kryten's negative emotions on a hard drive and then firing them as a weapon just seemed really contrived, and the ending really maudlin. What's that bit about "last rites"? He's a robot, just repair him. His RAM chips must be intact in there. But no, they just take it for granted that whatever is wrong is irreparable, because they need to get rid of the character.

But I do plan to celebrate National Have Something That Scuttles For Dinner Day this year, if that helps.

17. goldy_T_O_T

goldy_T_O_T Deck Sergeant

Ont Canada eating cat nip and drinking Milk
    Ditto on number 2

And well it was not an immediate death scene only it was a post thought since Kryten did not realize that the crew of the nova 5 was actually dead but his thoughts on it was that they were just having a nap. :eek:

Don't really have a dislike on any death scenes. Yeah some were kind of boring but for the most part they at least gave me a snicker.

18. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

Noel Cowerd's "oh, shot!" death in 'Meltdown' always raises a chuckle from me.

I believe Talkie Toaster's interview with the Simulant from 'Justice' says that after his incapacitation (As Kryten says, Simulants are virtually indestructible) he was thrown in a cell on Justiceworld and left to rot as they originally planned.

19. pole85

pole85 First Technician

Rimmer's death in time-slides, worst Ace Rimmer mostly just because I dont like the character

20. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

i never understood the "I am alive" death scene in Timeslides.

In fact none of my friends who have seen that episode understand it either.

I mean I get that it's supposed to be funny. "I am alive" and then he immediately dies.
    And it would be hilarious to me if I understood HOW he died! What made him blow up? I've thought too long about this and I just don't understand. Unexplained spontaneous explosion for the sake of the punchline? Or is there something I missed?

Someone please enlighten me!