Red Dwarf Introcast

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Freeborn, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I liked that one too. :-)

I'd actually forgotten about the wrestling ad as they haven't used that for quite some time now. Instead they tend to use short adds for podcasts featuring people who have been guests on the RD Introcast. And I think there was an ad for a Buffy Introcast at one point too.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I've finished listening to the Rimmerworld podcast (they didn't like it much, sadly but understandably), and that's all I can take today in my ill state.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they make of my second favourite episode tomorrow.

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I listened to the Ouroboros one earlier, and I'm finding it interesting how much the two newbies seem to be liking series 7.

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'm listening to the Blue Introcast, and they're reading some comments from our very own Veggie Vamp. It'll come as no surprise to those familiar with his massive-sized posts that they refer to his comments as 'a novelette'.

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Now listening to the Nanarchy podcast. I wish the increasingly annoying Paul would shut up for a while and let other people talk.

6. Freeborn

That's a lie! A lie, lie, lie, lie , lie! I'm not gonna' stand here and take this abuse. You're a filthy, smegging, lying, smegging liar!

Oh okay so you're not. ;-)

I've actually had a few posts read out by them now. The last few being a bit shorter though. I should point out that I'm not alone in having a post referred to as a "novelette!. I'm in good company. :-)

7. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I've now finished BITR pt.1 and only have the latest one to listen to later during my lunch! Listening to it at 1.5x speed has been funny but also needed at times.

8. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I most recently listened to Can't Smeg, Won't Smeg. Interesting to hear the very negative reactions to this.

9. Freeborn

It was indeed. I wasn't sure how they going to react to that tbh. I quite like it myself, although I do think the written segents at the beginning and end are a big dodgy. It's a bit of fun though. I missed it on the night it aired so was pleased to have it featured one of the DVDs.

10. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I don't really mind Can't Smeg, Won't Smeg, but I don't watch it too often. It's decent enough if I switch my brain off, though I can't stand Ainsley Harriott, who just comes across as a bit of an annoying loudmouth. I wonder if any Red Dwarf fans out there have ever attempted to make this meal.

11. Freeborn

I've never been overly keen on Ainsley Harriott either, although I actually found myself quite liking him (and his self-satire) in Can't Smeg, Won't Smeg.
    It could be interesting attempting to make the meal, although personally I prefer a good triple fried egg chilli chutney sarnie :-)

12. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Before I left G&T one of the last Dwarfcasts I did was a commentary on CSWS. Having not seen it for years I expected it to come off as utterly ghastly, so I was surprised that I laughed as much as I did. The freewheeling, improv nature of most of it makes it basically like an extended Smeg Ups segment. I love how relentlessly they wind Ainsley up.

13. Freeborn

I listened to that Dwarfcast a while back, it was a good analysis of the show. The improv is great and I agree very reminiscent of the Smeg Up segments in extended form. Ainsley definitely looks genuinely..."almost annoyed" with Craig at one point. :-)

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Do you mean when Craig takes off Ainsley's hat to show his baldness? I always wondered if that was real or scripted as he really does look annoyed at Craig.

15. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I loved it when I saw it on the RD Night! But it now is really just a segment I go to watch every now and then. I still genuinely like it but some of it is a little grating.

16. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'm listening to the Back in the Red part 1 Introcast and, my god, that Paul is annoying the hell out of me. Why do they let him take part in this? What does he bring to it? He's just a load of incessant, attention-seeking noise. The most annoying people in the world are those who love the sound of their own voice.

17. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I actually like Paul :P

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I wish there was an option to mute his contributions.

19. Freeborn

Yes that was one of them. Although I actually meant to say "a few occasions" (all featuring Craig of course), as there was at least one other bit when I suspected he may have been genuinely a tad peeved, even if only momentarily. And that was when Craig threw some food at him, and I think part of hit him in the face, or was a near miss.

20. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I think that's when he threw a piece of sliced chicken breast at him "oh shut uuuup!"