Red Dwarf Introcast

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Freeborn, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Already talking it over with Shane.

2. cirenshane

cirenshane Third Technician

the next spoilercast should be coming out tonight ive been quite ill this week and havent had a chance to edit the show

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I must admit I've never listened to any of the Spoilercasts, but I'll make sure to give this one a listen to when it's up.

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

The new Spoilercast is up at last. I'll give it a listen later if I have time.

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Are Vamp and Stephen still listening to these, or is it just me now?

The Back To Earth part 1 Introcast is now up. But personally I'm more interested in what they'll make of episodes 2 and 3.

6. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I did notice Heath posted the new ep on facebook earlier. I had intended to listen to it tonight but I'm feeling quite tired now.

Also, I still haven't gotten around to listening to the ghostwatch special or the "Back to earth season 10 spoilercast" yet, So I may listen to the spoilercast before the main ep tomorrow.

7. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I finished listening to BtE pt.1 Introcast earlier today and thought it was ok. Although I did listen to it quite broken so may need to listen in one sitting to digest what they say.

8. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

After meaning to for some time I've just finished listening to my first Introcast and the most recent. It was fairly interesting IMO, although whilst I appreciate that it's a freely available fan product I did think there were quite a few sort of awkward silences near the beginning (And about 7 minutes which I mostly blanked whilst they talked about Star Trek and Dr Who, neither of which I have much interest in), but it does seem like once they get into their stride a bit the conversation flows a lot better. At the moment, my intention is to start back with the first one and try to listen to them through more or less in order, I spend quite a lot of time driving so I'll probably burn them onto CDs and listen to them in the car.

Are they always this long though? I found it quite surprising that they were able to spend nearly an hour and half discussing a single episode. That said, I do agree with the comment made by one of the two Brits that they should have done the entire of BtE in one sitting rather than breaking it up.

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

They're usually between 1 and 2 hours in length from what I remember. I think some may be even longer.

The off-topic stuff that you mentioned can be annoying, and is in fact a lot worse in the earlier Introcasts. They do it a lot less now, but as you've noticed it's still a problem, and they could do with editing the episodes down a bit. But don't let that put you off as I've found listening to all of these a very rewarding experience, and I find myself eagerly waiting each week for the next one.

10. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I seem to remember at least one Introcast being two hours long. I listened from start to finish but it took ages! I hope you've got a heck of a lot of driving to do! ;-)

11. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

That's not likely to be a problem ;-), I typically drive 150 miles a night (Usually between about 1.5 - 2 hours each way) 6 times a week and the radio's usually pretty crap at that time anyway. If I was to listen to nothing but the introcasts I could manage up to three or four a night depending on their individual length. Realistically though it'll probably take a bit longer to catch up as I like to vary my listening material a bit.

12. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

The series 9.2 Introcast is now up at last.

13. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Listened to it this morning. They actually quite liked BtE pt2 more than I gave credit for! Heath said they'd be another delay of about a week for some reason.

I'll be able to finally get my RD marathon done this weekend. Think I'll do Back To Earth & Series 10 as I've not watched them of late.

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes, I'm surprised. I thought they'd be utterly baffled by this episode with all the Coronation Street stuff.

15. Freeborn

I'm still a bit behind at the mo, but I plan on listening to BTE part 1 later this evening.

16. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Actually, I'm misremembering there. Most of the Coronation Street stuff is in part 3, isn't it? It'll be interesting to see what they make of that.

17. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Yes the ep finishes with them arriving in Corrie.

18. Freeborn

Finally got around to listening to BTE part 2. I'm pleased that they liked it so much, especially since I wasn't sure how they would react after hearing their initial reaction to part 1.

I personally think they're going to love the corrie bit despite having never seen the show. But I do think they're going to be disappointed that the Red Dwarf crew don't track down the rest of the cast. And Heath seems to be hoping the creator will be Doug - as did I at first tbh.

19. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

The third is up apparently. I will download it later tonight and give it a listen.

20. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It was up days ago. I've already given it a listen.